• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

at least the wife knows where i am in a room of long boxes.

also my chances at winning playing 'comics' is higher than playing poker. For me at least.

Are you sure?

for me, yes, maybe not for everyone.....i like the buying and selling anyway, you don't get anything tangible from gambling except money. I like the thrill of the chase of the next hot book.

Everyone collects for different reasons.

I like buying, selling, and collecting. Selling helps with the collecting...

at least the wife knows where i am in a room of long boxes.

also my chances at winning playing 'comics' is higher than playing poker. For me at least.

Are you sure?

for me, yes, maybe not for everyone.....i like the buying and selling anyway, you don't get anything tangible from gambling except money. I like the thrill of the chase of the next hot book.

Everyone collects for different reasons.

Which is (thumbs u

But you just advised someone to hold onto them saying it would get hotter which is ???

Still in stock at Diamond UK.

Ebay is a bad price point if you can't be bothered to check LCS & ask

(If anyone UK wants some, PM me, I'll phone Diamond on Monday and confirm as there in stock list is usually a day behind but they had stock today).

Cover price plus postage - they have no variants left.

And... the 20 we got this week were 8 definite orange logo & 12 definite red logo??

Edited by songsaboutclouds

I wouldn't sell, jmo, doesn't mean they shouldn't..if the profit you're going to get is fine with you and what you're looking for then go for it.

if it's determined to be 'hot' and you check out the market and it's slim pickens for an item you're going to list, then go for it....

I did that yesterday with a peter panzerfaust SS, the book became hot, there were no CGC at all for sale, so i figured now is a good time to sell, especially since i got it cheap.

i would still make sure i had a few raws tucked away since we're only on the 1st issue.

Edited by krighton

Well I found 5 of the Revival #1 1:10 Variants in a Variant Box at one of my local comic shops today and I went to purchase 2 of the 5 copies.

When I took them up to the counter to pay for them the guy behind the counter looked at them for a about 5 to 10 seconds without saying anything and his face started turning red and he asked me if they had anymore of them in the Variant box and I told him yes they have 3 more of them and he told me hold on a second.

Then he walked over to the Variant box and pulled out the other 3 copies they had so I start thinking that maybe they might have a limit of 1 per customer on their Variants or something like that and then when he starts walking back towards the counter he starts telling me they were supposed to pull all the Revival #1 Variants a few weeks ago and he puts the other 3 copies on the desk behind the counter so I start thinking OK no big deal.

Well, he then pulls out a price gun and puts a $70 price tag over the $10 price tag that was on the 2 copies that I had on the counter and he tells me my total with tax is $151.20!!!! So of course I get pissed and start yelling at the guy and he asks me to calm down and he'll give them to me for $60 each for the inconvenience and I told well that doesn't work for me because they had them priced at $10 each and I wasn't going to pay more than that for them.

So after I'm done person_without_enough_empathying about what he just did and telling him that what he just did was wrong, He then tells me look the best I can do for you is I'll sell you one for $10 and the other one for $60 so that would be like buying 1 and getting one free. Then I tell him are you Fu@king serious and I tell him charging me $10 for both of them would be like buying 1 and getting 1 free because they were originally priced at $10 each and I don't care about the price tag that's on them now.

Even though I was extremely pissed at this point I ended up purchasing 1 copy for $20 and after I paid for it and started walking away from the counter to leave he then tells me "Please don't come back in my store ever again because I don't want to put up with your bad attitude again!!!!"

Well needless to say I wasn't going to ever go back to that shop again after what he just did so he could have saved his time and breath on telling me to never come back. I just don't see how that place is still in business if that's the way he treats his customers. I know I wasn't in the wrong for yelling at this guy because what he did was BS.

Has anyone else ever had this type of happen to them before?

I think situations like this always call for a name and shame.

I agree. I want to know just to avoid this place.

After someone posted the thirdeye website still had their variant for only 14.99 still (rather than the 19.99 they upped it to on eBay), I decided to buy two of them. Seems like these were flying under the radar, or, just not as desirable really, but I was always planning on getting a couple anyway because the completionist in me was not going to not have all the variants of one of my favorite comics right now.

I wan to know the name and location of the store, and the store phone number, so I can call and explain to them that I heard this story, and I will never, ever enter their store, and I hope they go out of business. :)

SIDE NOTE: I was checking out Midtown, TFAW, and MyComicShop online and MyComicShop.com had (1) Revival #1 A cover for 2.99. I snagged it and added another book (infinity gauntlet #2) that my kid had tore up a few years ago.

midtowncomics has revival #1 2nd printing up for order.

=/ I hate when they put their weekly releases up so early, they're sold out of a couple of things that I was going to pick up, unless they post up some more on the 8th....

That being said, I'm not sure if buying a bunch of these would be worth it to me because I would guess that there will be a good deal of these made. It might be better for me to just put that money towards a couple more first prints, even though I can't find any for cover or under at this time.

Did anyone post the cover yet?

=/ I hate when they put their weekly releases up so early, they're sold out of a couple of things that I was going to pick up, unless they post up some more on the 8th....

That being said, I'm not sure if buying a bunch of these would be worth it to me because I would guess that there will be a good deal of these made. It might be better for me to just put that money towards a couple more first prints, even though I can't find any for cover or under at this time.

Blue tint....may be fewer than you think.....I got 5....I'm a completist though

Edited by krighton

Blue tint....may be fewer than you think.....I got 5....I'm a completist though

I got 5 too.... Hope for 3rd and 4th print