• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Revival got me off guard.. the demand is really hott right now.. Do you think this is because of muliple issues of the hardcore collectors or possible hoarders????

It was not heavily ordered due to mass walking dead #100 hysteria. Revival #2 was not heavily ordered either and is already sold out.

Did everyone get the first print. regular cover. i'll try to help out. guys..

I'm looking for a couple if you have spares.... Wouldn't mind one reader copy and one Minty copy if anyone has one.

Postage will be to Australia

Edited by Speedmaster

Revival wasn't really promoted as good as mind the gap. But at least we got in on it and alot of people hoarded or raided midtown comics supply and other online retailers leaving the book sold out..

I'm expecting a 14-15K print run for this one. I don't think it will be as high as saga or mind the gap.

Alot of people gave walking dead 100 more attention and basically ignored this book. Idk walking dead 100 was a great issue, so it was attention deserved.

18,036 was the print run discussed earlier in this thread. (page 138)

wow the figures are already out.. thanks speedmaster. thats a a pretty decent print run. Hope demand stays to where its at. hope this does not turn into a bust like kirkman's hardcore # 1.

wow the figures are already out.. thanks speedmaster. thats a a pretty decent print run. Hope demand stays to where its at. hope this does not turn into a bust like kirkman's hardcore # 1.

Figure should be around 21,000 if you add in the Third eye variant, the 1:10 Variant, and the SDCC variant.

Hardcore #1 was a one-shot so that was always a long shot. Take a look at the thread where Larry posted his criteria when looking at moderns (I think it was the moderns heating up on Ebay). As "eccentric" (to put it diplomatically) as Larry is his criteria are good rules of thumb. There are a couple that I would tweak, remove or add to but overall not bad pointers. The truth is that there are books that will perform, the trick is finding them. I don't think anyone is 100% but knowing the signs can help avoid some bad purchases. Generally, like Branget alluded to, it's more important what you don't buy than what you buy. Revival has potential, but at this point it is just potential. I like the story, it's an ongoing, good creative team, moderate print run, internet buzz, it has more going for it than most books. In the long run, if it is a quality story, and releases on time, it will do well. I'm sure there will be a price dip when all the graded #1's hit the market, that is to be expected, however, once they are absorbed, if the book is still popular, it will pick up.