• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

9.9's are lightning in a bottle.

The book would have to be almost flawless pre-press IMHO to hit 9.9

I have never pressed, but think pressing helps mid-grade and lower high grade books more than the difference between 9.8 and 9.9. BTW, I have seen 9.8's that should have been 9.6's IMHO and 9.8's that I thought should have been 9.9's. Very subjective.

Edited by ItsJustRyan

9.9's are lightning in a bottle.

The book would have to be almost flawless pre-press IMHO to hit 9.9

I have never pressed, but think pressing helps mid-grade and lower high grade books more than the difference between 9.8 and 9.9. BTW, I have seen 9.8's that should have been 9.6's IMHO and 9.8's that I thought should have been 9.9's. Very subjective.

well said, generally speaking, the things that keep a 9.8 from being 9.9, aren't press-able to remove.

However, a book with only defects that are strong candidates for removal by pressing, could come out a 9.9. Almost like you are getting rid of removable defects, and restoring the book to its "potential" grade.

A book pressed to 9.9s, was already a 9.9 :), it just had press-able defects hiding the fact ;)

That's my best take on it any way :grin: (have yet to get a pressed book above 9.8)

Love seeing everyone's copy. :luhv:

So now that it appears to be ghost and not aliens everyone is seeing, what made these ghost suddenly appear? Anyone have any ideas?

Probably due to a housing development being built on top of Native American burial grounds...

poltergeist_zps89f71fc9.jpg

:jokealert: .

Love seeing everyone's copy. :luhv:

So now that it appears to be ghost and not aliens everyone is seeing, what made these ghost suddenly appear? Anyone have any ideas?

I talked to Tim at NYCC 2012, this seems to be about right...not quite exactly what you wrote, but close enough