• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Could someone please tell me what RRP stands for? I know I'm sounding like a total noob, but I've heard people talk about them. I know they're the sketch versions, but I was just wondering what it actually stood for.

It' actually a very mis used term.

It stands for Retailer Roundtable Program (or Retailer Representative Program) and not all books called RRP are in fact RRP books.

"The RRP is a invitation-only group of retailers assembled by DC Comics which addresses, in rough terms, industry issues in general and DC topics in specific. RRP Editions -- and there have been several -- are named for those promotional comics given out at meetings of the DC RRP. If it's not a DC RRP meeting, chances are it's not a RRP Edition. Further, variants are not produced for every RRP meeting.

To state what should be obvious, not every promotional variant comic is a RRP. Lately, following the huge success many dealers and collectors have had with the Batman #608 RRP Edition, there have been a deluge of comics being called RRP Editions which are distinctly not RRPs."

The above in " was taken from another site

A lot books classed as RRP are really Diamond Retailer Summit Editions or some other book given away free at a comic book meeting. Saga for example is mislabled by this community as it is NOT an RRP but a Diamond retailer incentive edition given out at the Diamond summit at C2E2 in 2012.

Love seeing everyone's copy. :luhv:

So now that it appears to be ghost and not aliens everyone is seeing, what made these ghost suddenly appear? Anyone have any ideas?

I talked to Tim at NYCC 2012, this seems to be about right...not quite exactly what you wrote, but close enough

Well the elder Indian(?) gal said what they were in a nutshell. Some weird name but in a nutshell they seem like ghost or walking spirits. Why there seems to be more than one is strange and why they are causing people to not die is interesting.

So do we all agree that the professor is the one who killed the younger sister because she has some strange twisted sexual desire to be with him?

Edited by whetteon