• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

:hi:

Just 45 minutes to go and i have finished my night shift - yay!

Well Revival is up,up and away.

This week alone I have sold out except for a few remaining 1:10 variants (PLEASE GUYS, no more PM's - keeping the rest), and have 3 x #1 left, one of which is a 9.6

I say yay to Hulk44... he caused this.

so yeah, out of 50 odd #1's - 3 left.

I think we can safely say - its hot!

Not seeing any price change on ebay 9.8s, still holding firm post ripoff news. Not really up or down, just flat.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=revival+9.8+1+cgc+-phantom+-s+-3+-2+-4+-5+-6+-7+-third+-signature+-sketch&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&LH_Complete=1&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313&_nkw=revival+9.8+1+cgc+-phantom+-ss+-3+-2+-4+-5+-6+-7+-third+-signature+-sketch&_sacat=0

if any trend is visible, its slightly down.

Edited by CBT

And a CGC 10 was just handed out for a Revival #2, the owner of the book just got the book in yesterday and told me about it this morning (and yes, he sent me a photo of it). I told him to sell it and get a nice Hulk 181, but he said it's his first CGC 10 and he has no intentions of selling (plus he's only into it for $30, so I guess that's one way to look at it). What do you guys think a CGC 10 on #2 would bring?

I've been noticing a flat trend lately. I listed 9.8's on here for $75 this past week, no takers. I think someone said GPA this year is around $85 but not sure exactly. $75 seems to be the low # on the bay lately. It's not dropping a lot but I don't see it running up much either. I think it's in a holding pattern till we see any more tv/movie news or something dramatic happens in the comic.

Not having a major dip after the rip-off news is a good thing since it says there are a lot of fans not just speculators supporting this book. Seems like the 9.8s are holding steady around $80-90, along with the natural highs and lows of eBay. The ones on the lower end are a steal considering raw #1s in NM sell consistently for $30.

The best thing going for Revival though is that it's building an audience the right way with character and plot development. Seeing increases in print runs each month starting from #2 and hearing that people are picking up and reading the trades tells me that the book will have steady growth over the long haul.

Only thing holding it back value wise are the three additional variant covers for #1 and those phantom variants. But over time, I think more and more people will want the original #1 and the demand for those 9.8s will finally catch up with the supply.

What do you guys think a CGC 10 on #2 would bring?

Mutiple 9.9's for #2 sold for $200. 10 would get $400-500 IMHO

I thought both of those 9.9's were snatched up quickly on Buy It Now's at too low of prices, I wouldn't be surprised if a 9.9 at auction was at that $500 mark (there's one up now, so I guess we'll see). CGC 10's just don't happen, and based off the $7500 for the #1 SS, I would buy the CGC 10 #2 from him in a heartbeat for $500 and offer to repaint his house as well.

What do you guys think a CGC 10 on #2 would bring?

Mutiple 9.9's for #2 sold for $200. 10 would get $400-500 IMHO

I thought both of those 9.9's were snatched up quickly on Buy It Now's at too low of prices, I wouldn't be surprised if a 9.9 at auction was at that $500 mark (there's one up now, so I guess we'll see). CGC 10's just don't happen, and based off the $7500 for the #1 SS, I would buy the CGC 10 #2 from him in a heartbeat for $500 and offer to repaint his house as well.

Don't base your purchases off that $7500 #1 SS. It's an outlier.