• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

You can't base anything off the #1 sale. That's like trying to sell your 1000 sq ft condo for 20 million because the mansion across the street sold for 20 million.

Unless he sells it to Hulk, he shouldn't think that he's getting 5K for it.

2c

I wish we had separate threads (one for speculation and one for discussion) of different titles. As much as I enjoy tracking the value of books, people in this thread never talk about the story, and if they do, the conversation gets derailed quickly.

Would it be wrong to start a different Revival thread specifically for the story? Or would that just die immediately because nobody actually reads on these boards lol

When I got my CGC 9.8 Panzerfaust #2 in a month ago, I was offered $200 for it and told that would be the going rate, but I chose to let it ride on an ebay auction and got $468 plus shipping for it. Revival #2 is more limited than #1, doesn't have a handful of different variants like #1 did, is a controversial cover with the bondage, and is the first appearance of the main villain/protagonist. I agree that it's not a $5000 book, but there's no way it's only a $500 book either. I wouldn't hseitate for a second to pay $500 and flip it, but it's not my book and the owner isn't selling. Just my take.

When I got my CGC 9.8 Panzerfaust #2 in a month ago, I was offered $200 for it and told that would be the going rate, but I chose to let it ride on an ebay auction and got $468 plus shipping for it. Revival #2 is more limited than #1, doesn't have a handful of different variants like #1 did, is a controversial cover with the bondage, and is the first appearance of the main villain/protagonist. I agree that it's not a $5000 book, but there's no way it's only a $500 book either. I wouldn't hseitate for a second to pay $500 and flip it, but it's not my book and the owner isn't selling. Just my take.

This is the first im hearing of a controversy. Also, Blaine is far from main or important, at least through 8 issues lol

This is the first im hearing of a controversy. Also, Blaine is far from main or important, at least through 8 issues lol

+1 Never heard anything about controversy.

Walking Dead #2 has a lower print run also. Doesn't make it more desirable than #1. Maybe $500 is the low end. But I don't think I'm way off. At least not right now. If TV news comes out (like ur Panzerfaust example), then yes, it will be worth more.

10's sell on average for 2-3x more than 9.9's. 2-3x past 9.9 sales is between 400-750.

EDIT: BTW, I'm probably sitting on more Revivals than most people on these boards so I'm not trying to lowball these numbers. If he decides to sell it, hope he gets thousands and thousands. Just giving my honest opinion.

Edited by HugeRosen

I just figured a young woman scantily clad and tied up on a bed in front of a grown man drinking a beer is a little bit controversial to the world today, I guess it doesn't have as much shock value as two Ohio High School football stars both having their way with an inebriated high school girl at a party, but it should count for something. It seems more graphic to me than the Hard Rock Hotel Guns'N'Roses Robot Rape shirt that caused a huge local stir and was selling for $100+ on eBay after it was pulled from employees. I'm not trying to stir anything up here, like I said, I have no financial interests tied up in the book. Unless he actually sells it, I guess we won't know unless another CGC 10 ever pops up for it.

If this were 1985 and it was Madonna on the cover, dressed as a nun, I'd agree that there would be controversy.

That controversy ship on anything like this sailed, with a cargo hold full of parachute pants and unsold Vanilla Ice CDs.

BTW, I'm probably sitting on more Revivals than most people on these boards so I'm not trying to lowball these numbers. If he decides to sell it, hope he gets thousands and thousands. Just giving my honest opinion.
pics or it didn't happen... :sumo:

Soon, I promise. ;)

Not having a major dip after the rip-off news is a good thing since it says there are a lot of fans not just speculators supporting this book. Seems like the 9.8s are holding steady around $80-90, along with the natural highs and lows of eBay. The ones on the lower end are a steal considering raw #1s in NM sell consistently for $30.

The best thing going for Revival though is that it's building an audience the right way with character and plot development. Seeing increases in print runs each month starting from #2 and hearing that people are picking up and reading the trades tells me that the book will have steady growth over the long haul.

Only thing holding it back value wise are the three additional variant covers for #1 and those phantom variants. But over time, I think more and more people will want the original #1 and the demand for those 9.8s will finally catch up with the supply.

Could somebody tell me what the "rip-off news" is?

If this were 1985 and it was Madonna on the cover, dressed as a nun, I'd agree that there would be controversy.

That controversy ship on anything like this sailed, with a cargo hold full of parachute pants and unsold Vanilla Ice CDs.

Ironically I work with Z.Cavaricci's cousin, and he says that his cousin made a fortune off those pants and is living a finely luxurious life because of them.

ok:

1.) the "rip-off" news was a show getting produced called "the return" or something like that, which is a straight up rip-off of Revival, and torpedo'd its tv rumors

2.) Comparing PP#2 in 9.8 selling for more than "some guy" offered has nothing NOTHING to do with Revival 10.0. PP# 9.8 has many sales, slabbed and raw, for months, to support its price point. Some guy trying to low-ball someone on an easily researched book is apples. A SINGLE sale, with only one person in the world willing to pay the price point, is oranges. You cant compare apples and oranges.

3.) Revival #1 9.9s (other than those sold to Hulk) averaged in the 3-400 range. Revival #2 9.9s averaged in the 2-300 range. The prices people are giving you are valid.

NOW, I have to say. I am VERY much a pusher of free speech on the boards. But I also support "law and order" as it were. Is it just me, or are the modern boards turning into one giant fishing fleet?

Are there not rules against fishing for Sales in the main threads. Both new and veteran members seem to be doing this a LOT more. Maybe its just a coincidence or my imagination, but what are the rules about this?

BTW, not that it really matter, but I just got back my latest CGC submission. I am like, probably not going to sell it or anything, havent really made up my mind. But I did happen to get 6 copies Amazing Fantasy #15 9.8 White Pages. Any idea what they might be worth? I'm likely going to keep them, just thought y'all might be interested or something.

1313010227jTBjC0.jpg

Edited by CBT