• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Revival_Hoarder -

Nice #2 collection.

Wrong way to ingratiate yourself with the Revival fans.

I agree with the others / data that explains the $ value.

The true value would be building a nice registry set.

Also, OA trumps slabs.

I haven't said this yet but great sig line :cloud9:

Just to try to clear my name as not trying to stir the pot, that was never my intention, and I thought some people on these boards would be interested to know that a CGC 10 of #2 just popped. I have known Revival_Hoarder for several years and he is a friend, I feel like he and several members took this a little too personal, so I am not taking sides on any of the mud-slinging; it's a book that is the first CGC 10, so it is always hard to say what an actual value would be until it is sold. I just put out there that I feel like $500 is definitely a low value on this book, and I have no idea how I got tied into projecting it as a $5,000 book or anything on that note. If it is just one buyer paying ludicrous amounts, then what evidence is out there that he has all of a sudden stopped paying ludicrous amounts and would not do so for this book?

As far as valuation of the series in general, you would definitely have to beleive a little bit of the value of this series was tied up into the NBC project that has since become defunct. While there are fans of this series purely for its writing and art, there are also Walking Dead Wishers on the speculative side of investing in anything that gets optioned for a show or movie. How else would you explain books like Mind MGMT and Sixth Gun blowing up overnight? When a series that is optione gets the boot on the project like Revival and Chew did, you should expect their values to drop some. The $7400 sale of the CGC 10 SS #1 certainly will open some eyes on this series again though.

Now can't we all just get along?

As far as valuation of the series in general, you would definitely have to beleive a little bit of the value of this series was tied up into the NBC project that has since become defunct. While there are fans of this series purely for its writing and art, there are also Walking Dead Wishers on the speculative side of investing in anything that gets optioned for a show or movie. How else would you explain books like Mind MGMT and Sixth Gun blowing up overnight? When a series that is optione gets the boot on the project like Revival and Chew did, you should expect their values to drop some.

There's been a lot of that going on in the last few years. Lots of people don't understand what is involved in the production process and how many things can and do regularly go wrong, and how many things have to go right just to get a book made into a series or film at all....and that's without knowing if it will be popular after it makes it that far.

I've worked on several licensed properties and worked on several TV and film option deals for various properties and it's safe to say that you can never assume something has "made it" until you are actually sitting down and watching it on TV or in a theater.

Really, if you could take a peek behind the curtain in this industry like I have you would see that almost EVERYTHING created in the last 10 years or so has been optioned at one time or another. The option doesn't mean much but it sure sells comics when people hear about it.

Revival_Hoarder -

Nice #2 collection.

Also, OA trumps slabs.

Your oa trumps slabs :cloud9:

Revival_Hoarder -

Nice #2 collection.

Also, OA trumps slabs.

Your oa trumps slabs :cloud9:

That's true. hm:sumo:

new poster that will be available at Cons

seeleyposter_zpsc68de535.jpg

Oh I like this!! Anyone that goes to Cons that can get one for me?? No Cons close to me ever!! I should move!! lol

Just shoot me a PM and I'll grab you one. (thumbs u

Gotcha!! Thanks!! (thumbs u

I have Revival #1 - 8 all first prints in NM condition (not CGC though). Should I try to get rid of them now or hold on to them? It looks like the prices have been dropping. Are they not getting a tv show anymore? NBC not work out?
:facepalm:

I have Revival #1 - 8 all first prints in NM condition (not CGC though). Should I try to get rid of them now or hold on to them? It looks like the prices have been dropping. Are they not getting a tv show anymore? NBC not work out?
:facepalm:

I'm sorry, but I just haven't seen any news about it. I've heard about the ABC copycat, but I have not seen any news links about the NBC project going defunct. I have only heard about it from other people, never seen it confirmed.

Just trying to get everything lined up.

Edited by Funcoot