• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Demand for Revival #1 < Supply. I can find any variant of any type at any time. There's no sense of urgency especially if the prices are continually slumping on the back issue market.

My first thought is that there's a glut of books being sold by people who bought the title and want to flip it for pure profit. We need to weed those sellers out and get those Revival #1's into the hands of the fan base that is apparently growing and let the supply dry out for awhile.

Just my two cents.

:hi:

I bought a bunch of extra copies of #1, flipped all but 2, and am glad I did. lol

Anyone interested in original art should watch this item:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171052749799

At first I was confused. There is no revival blank variant at the moment. The current owner created his own board which emulates Marvel's blank variants.

Is it an actual #1 with a backing board stapled to it or only a backing board sketched on?? (shrug)

Custom made cover board with OA on it.

Demand for Revival #1 < Supply. I can find any variant of any type at any time. There's no sense of urgency especially if the prices are continually slumping on the back issue market.

My first thought is that there's a glut of books being sold by people who bought the title and want to flip it for pure profit. We need to weed those sellers out and get those Revival #1's into the hands of the fan base that is apparently growing and let the supply dry out for awhile.

Just my two cents.

Originally when I read this, I was going to say RIGHT ON :golfclap: . Definitely great points and I think that is what would need to happen in an ideal situation. I think the problem is -- when #1 came out, Walking Dead Season 2 had just wrapped up a few months back. During that period of time, I'm sure WD prices were through the room ( :gossip: I was out of the hobby for a period of time)! I'm sure a lot of casual, ho hum collectors felt that they missed out on the WD boat! So, when a new "zombie" book was coming out soon, I'm sure tons of people, not even just speculators, bought multiple copies of #1. I remember buying 4 or 5 copies of Youngblood #1 and Spawn #1 when they came out. So, if there is an overabundance of issue #1 and everyone started slabbing and thinking they struck the gold mine, we may be waiting around for awhile. You see it now - everyone is chasing "the next Walking Dead" or to a lesser extent "the next Saga"... the book definitely deserves the :luhv: - it's a great read with terrific art! But it just seems that everyone has a Revival #1. They're just not "rare" I guess. It's unfortunate, but you need people to have true faith in the book and hold onto their copies instead of somewhat bailing as prices drop for it to somewhat stabilize I guess.

I guess that's just my point in all of this :blahblah: -- everyone heard "new zombie" book, looked at Walking Dead's success which was kind of out of nowhere because, after all, there was no "the next Walking Dead" BEFORE Walking Dead, and jumped on board. Now if someone wins an auction for $70 and a week prior, it was $80, seems that the next person is offering it for $60. I just see that as the problem. Either way, this book still :headbang: .

Just my 2c if anyone made it this far. :grin:

Lovin' #13 and #14 covers

I was going to buy #13 OA but I decided to run it by my wife first this time (since I didn't consult on #5 which when she saw it said it was 'too violent'). She was adament to a no on #13 due to the 'child being extremely creepy-looking'

Just my two cents.

Originally when I read this, I was going to say RIGHT ON :golfclap: . Definitely great points and I think that is what would need to happen in an ideal situation. I think the problem is -- when #1 came out, Walking Dead Season 2 had just wrapped up a few months back. During that period of time, I'm sure WD prices were through the room ( :gossip: I was out of the hobby for a period of time)! I'm sure a lot of casual, ho hum collectors felt that they missed out on the WD boat! So, when a new "zombie" book was coming out soon, I'm sure tons of people, not even just speculators, bought multiple copies of #1. I remember buying 4 or 5 copies of Youngblood #1 and Spawn #1 when they came out. So, if there is an overabundance of issue #1 and everyone started slabbing and thinking they struck the gold mine, we may be waiting around for awhile. You see it now - everyone is chasing "the next Walking Dead" or to a lesser extent "the next Saga"... the book definitely deserves the :luhv: - it's a great read with terrific art! But it just seems that everyone has a Revival #1. They're just not "rare" I guess. It's unfortunate, but you need people to have true faith in the book and hold onto their copies instead of somewhat bailing as prices drop for it to somewhat stabilize I guess.

I guess that's just my point in all of this :blahblah: -- everyone heard "new zombie" book, looked at Walking Dead's success which was kind of out of nowhere because, after all, there was no "the next Walking Dead" BEFORE Walking Dead, and jumped on board. Now if someone wins an auction for $70 and a week prior, it was $80, seems that the next person is offering it for $60. I just see that as the problem. Either way, this book still :headbang: .

Just my 2c if anyone made it this far. :grin:

There were a lot of people speculating on Revival when it first released. I think the other factor that plays into this is, many of these speculators use $100 GPA sales as a price point to have comics graded, so a bunch of these were submitted a few months back when the regular cover was around $100. I don't have the census figures but I would imagine that you would see a spike since the spring. This seems to have created a slabbed glut that pushed the slabbed price down.

There were a lot of people speculating on Revival when it first released. I think the other factor that plays into this is, many of these speculators use $100 GPA sales as a price point to have comics graded, so a bunch of these were submitted a few months back when the regular cover was around $100. I don't have the census figures but I would imagine that you would see a spike since the spring. This seems to have created a slabbed glut that pushed the slabbed price down.

Makes sense. hm

The book isn't for everyone.

I'd love to see it hit Saga levels but 'cult' / fan favorites rarely get mass appeal.

(my thoughts always turn to Twin Peaks when I think of Revival)

Something the book / Tim Seeley doesn't get enough attention for is that this it is written with TWO strong female leads. The characters are written honestly and don't fall into conventional male / female roles.