• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

The Wall.. Not as great as Gazi but, my wall none the less. I never gave up on this book. <3 it. Just bought the first two trades for a buddy this week as well!

IMG_0212_zps9c9a8a2c.jpg

So there is a 9.8 of #4!!!!

Why are they so rare, i've never seen one on eBay. Every other issue, no worries...

There are actually 28 of them on the census (5 signed) so they can be gotten. The true rare one is the #4 2nd print which only has one graded, which is mine :headbang:

Oh and great stuff Col

Edited by gaz2810i

Finally all caught up. The last 3 issues sure picked up the pace..

Cooper seems to be ok with the ghosts and he's not a reviver. What's the connection? (shrug)

I guess you acquire super strength when you revive since Em was able to rip that fellas throat/heart(?) out

Coopers comics are friggin great!! Lester Majak is awesome.

I agree with Harvey to some respect.

For each reviver, there is a ghost-like figure.

The ghosts can enter in the bodies of any reviver.

There is one psychopath serial killer who controlled Arlene.

There is another ghost who lost his ring and is posessing Jamie's Dad. I believe the ring story but it's not Jamie's dad's story.

Em's ghost is around and plays with Coop often.

Updated prediction:

This is tough to articulate and I don't know how it'll be wrapped together but, in SAT verbal section fashion:

Joe: his ring :: Em : Em's smile

IE: when Em finally smiles, she (her body and respective ghost) move on.

For those unfamiliar with Ressurection: it is a television series in production by ABC. One of the producers is Brad Pitt. Some wonder if ABC expedited its release so they can beat NBC to the punch such that if NBC releases Revival, it will seem that NBC is the copy cat. But if anything, the exact opposite is true*

NBC Universal picks up Revival: Nov-2012

ABC picks up Jason Mott's novel 'The Returned' in Dec-2012.

Mott's novel was released last week, 27-Aug-2013, over a year after Revival :mad: :mad:

If the television series Ressurection has a police investigation on the ressurected in each episode. And information is revealed in every police case. ~~ if that happens, a vein will pop in my brain! :frustrated: :frustrated:

* then again, there are many stories on the dead coming back to life. IMO, ABC is trying to make things difficult on NBC.

Edited by revivedrevival

The concept had been explored before revival with some similarities.

Handling the Undead (Swedish: Hanteringen av odöda) is a 2005 horror novel by Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist, translated into English in 2009. The book revolves around the unexplained reanimation of thousands of recently deceased people in Stockholm, Sweden.

The plot focuses on the reactions of society and the many conflicts that arise between Swedish authorities and the relatives of the undead; the horror is less in the uncanny animation of corpses but in the realities of grief, loss and our own inevitable mortality. An important theme is the bond between parents and children.

Handling the Undead (Swedish: Hanteringen av odöda) is a 2005 horror novel by Swedish writer John Ajvide Lindqvist, translated into English in 2009. The book revolves around the unexplained reanimation of thousands of recently deceased people in Stockholm, Sweden.

The plot focuses on the reactions of society and the many conflicts that arise between Swedish authorities and the relatives of the undead; the horror is less in the uncanny animation of corpses but in the realities of grief, loss and our own inevitable mortality. An important theme is the bond between parents and children.

As displayed with my asterisk, it is a common theme.

That said, the timing is unreal. I believe that ABC is trying to spoil things for NBC Universal's Revival.

the government locates a concentration camp in their small town of Arcadia to contain the "returned", dead people who have mysteriously started showing up all over the world, they are forced to reconcile their beliefs with reality. They know the boy Agent Bellamy brought them is their son, but what does mean? They grapple with that question as more and more of the "returned" are relocated in Arcadia. Pressure builds between the living and the returned as soldiers transport truck loads of the living dead into Arcadia and stay to guard them. When Harold and his son, Jacob, end up in the camp, Lucille Hargrave decides to take action but not before the tension has built to a boiling point between the town's people, the soldiers, and the thousands of returned that now inhabit the town.

As displayed with my asterisk, it is a common theme.

That said, the timing is unreal. I believe that ABC is trying to spoil things for NBC Universal's Revival.

the government locates a concentration camp in their small town of Arcadia to contain the "returned", dead people who have mysteriously started showing up all over the world, they are forced to reconcile their beliefs with reality. They know the boy Agent Bellamy brought them is their son, but what does mean? They grapple with that question as more and more of the "returned" are relocated in Arcadia. Pressure builds between the living and the returned as soldiers transport truck loads of the living dead into Arcadia and stay to guard them. When Harold and his son, Jacob, end up in the camp, Lucille Hargrave decides to take action but not before the tension has built to a boiling point between the town's people, the soldiers, and the thousands of returned that now inhabit the town.

You snooze you lose as I always say. NBC should have stepped up and made it happen fast if that was the case [which I have a hard time believing it was]