• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00167.jpg

Photo's don't do it justice. :luhv:

HugeRosen! You always have such nice things! Congrats once again! :cloud9:

(thumbs u Now I just need to get a #5 graded 9.4 and swap out the comic and it'll be perfect :)

And thanks everyone else for the compliments. My first OA piece and couldn't be happier with it. Now comes the real challenge of getting the wife to let me hang it up. :grin:

Edited by HugeRosen

Seems like the graphite versions have been more popular, I saw a few penciled versions still available a few days ago... Must be interesting decision-wise for Revival collectors.

I originally wanted both verisions, but someone swooped up all the graphite ones. :baiting:

The pencil ones when viewing on the website just don't 'pop' like the graphite ones IMO. Until I actually saw mine in hand, I was questioning my purchase but once I had it, I loved it.

The reason why the graphite versions are all gone.

I was lucky enough to get the graphite cover to #1 before the comic came out and to keep my OA collection consistent I bought each one I could afford.

The plan was to only get the covers for the first trade, but the cover for #6 was too good to pass up.

So, I own #1 - #6 plus the graphite version for Larry's 2nd or 12 variants.

(the literal and figurative sister image to #1)

Hope you can track down that pencil #1. I'd love to see a triple framed.

Not professionally because the dream is to acquire the #1 pencils and have the pair framed together.

Photo coming by the end of the week of my Revival display.

(waiting on the final piece)

have you asked Jenny if she'd be able to get you the contact info for the owners of #1?
I haven't. That is a good idea. Perhaps after Christmas.

This might be a silly question, but is there a big difference between the pencil version and graphite versions of the cover as far as collectibility and OA?

Either way they are beautiful pieces!!

I don't know about collectibility over long term.

The pencil covers are priced 2.5x higher for her art so perhaps she views them as originals.

Any Revival cover is a good deal especially since no physical original art is produced for the interiors.

If the series takes off, I can't imagine what the covers will begin to be sold for through Cadence.

(see current Walking Dead covers / pages for examples)

I don't know about collectibility over long term.

The pencil covers are priced 2.5x higher for her art so perhaps she views them as originals.

Any Revival cover is a good deal especially since no physical original art is produced for the interiors.

If the series takes off, I can't imagine what the covers will begin to be sold for through Cadence.

(see current Walking Dead covers / pages for examples)

+1

Not sure why the pencils are more expensive. Maybe a good question to ask Paolo at Cadence. Maybe it's more time consuming to do the pencil version? ???

It also seems like the pencil version is first one done. If you look on the Cadence site, you can tell subtle differences between pencil and graphite. Looks like the pencil is done, then graphite is done to add touches (#2 cover the cross in the hand changes, #5 the arm bone is added)

Edited by HugeRosen

Picked up my two copies of the 2nd print of #4. Also found 2 copies of epic kill #2 2nd print and other copy of Wd 99 so now I have one complete set of everything revival related and one set missing a third eye and the sketch.