• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Revival

8,375 posts in this topic

Valid point. I almost think my negativity about this particular variant comes from behavior of certain individuals on these boards. I really liked the idea at first but the way he goes about it is just ugh. (shrug)

I think the moment I made that decision is when he stepped all over a certain competition's(Ghost) thread. That irked me a little, but hey we do live in a capitalistic society?

no idea...why are midtown variant covers $10 a pop...most variants are just more expensive than normal...has to be some extra costs involved. If not overhead for the backer of the variant.

Which variants are you regarding?

I did just pick up 2 of the Revival #5 2nd prints b/c they look awesome. AND they are below cover!!! :grin:

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=Revival+%235+2nd+Ptg_1251754

Edited by ItsJustRyan

the blood red looks good on 5b!

Yes it does. I will be slabbing this one, which by default will force me to slab my 1-4 second prints, which by default with force me to slab 1 (3rd and 4th) and 2 (3rd - want it anyway)

My goal is to get Jenny to sign a 5a in blue and a 5b in red, get cgc'd (hopefully 10.0's :wishluck: ), then go back to the framers to re-do the framing with the OA.

no idea...why are midtown variant covers $10 a pop...most variants are just more expensive than normal...has to be some extra costs involved. If not overhead for the backer of the variant.

I did just pick up 2 of the Revival #5 2nd prints b/c they look awesome. AND they are below cover!!! :grin:

How much Midtown charge for shipping?

gonna get a few of the phantoms tomorrow (#1 and #6) to go along w/ the regular #6

Passing on that drek! Reprint 6-7 months later for a 15 dollar premium? Really?

$15 is too much IMHO. I though the purpose was to invigorate the series by getting it in the hands of readers.

This is a collector premium price and @ $15 for a reprint I'm hesitant (if I start down this path I will be shelling out $$$$ every month at these prices times how ever many I get - at least two - 1 and 6 this month - :facepalm:.

I thought they were going to be cover price (maybe in the stores)?

Remember, it's not a money grab :blahblah:

Each store can charge what they want. Some are nice and are doing it at cover for subscribers. Unfortunately I have no participating stores by me and will not be paying $15 each. This has put me off from attempting to put together competitive cgc set which makes me :(

Varies - $3.99 and up (weight and speed are factors).

is $3.99 the cheapest/slowest speed, media mail? Thinking of like 1-5 copies or less. I probably can't do any order $75 for raw so Free S&H is out of hand.

Varies - $3.99 and up (weight and speed are factors).

is $3.99 the cheapest/slowest speed, media mail? Thinking of like 1-5 copies or less. I probably can't do any order $75 for raw so Free S&H is out of hand.

They don't ship media mail. Just standard mail via ups mail solutions. You don't need to get to $75, but I suggest ordering at least 7 comics so they come shipped in a box instead of flimsy cardboard mailer. I think it's $4.99 for like 7-15 comics or something like that.

alternate prints aren't really variants in the truest sense of the word.