• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thank God THIS didn't happen...

31 posts in this topic

I'm no LDC fan but the guy is a pretty good actor. I think he could have pulled off a Riddler unless you are saying the Riddler just wouldnt have been a good idea with anyone playing him which i'd probably agree with. I cant imagine my self going to see a Batman with the Riddler as the main villain (shrug)

+1 He is a very versatile actor (see The Departed, Shutter Island, Inception, etc..), he would've made an excellent Riddler.

Anyone who saw the departed knows this guy can do just about anything on screen he chooses to do and do it better than 95% of the actors working today.

The Riddler, as a character, is all wrong for the Nolan Batman universe. That's a bigger problem than having an A-list, A-talent, actor added to the cast.

Well stated IMHO and I agree...

I think Decrapio is a fantastic actor. It might be out of his comfort zone, but I think he could pull it off.

You know who I think would smash that role with a hammer? Billy Bob Thornton. (worship)

Billy Bob Thornton... (worship)

He's a damn good actor but I can't picture him as riddler hm

As is the case with all good actors, you can't imagine them in a role...until they do it.

Still, DiCaprio is too good for DC.

I think Nolan would have made a kick- Riddler movie regardless of who played the Riddler.

With Nolan's Momentoesque style, the Riddler could have really screwed with Batman's mind. A real psychological type movie in which Batman had to use his detective skills more could have hit it out of the park. Even with Leo as Nigma.

I'm no LDC fan but the guy is a pretty good actor. I think he could have pulled off a Riddler unless you are saying the Riddler just wouldnt have been a good idea with anyone playing him which i'd probably agree with. I cant imagine my self going to see a Batman with the Riddler as the main villain (shrug)

+1 He is a very versatile actor (see The Departed, Shutter Island, Inception, etc..), he would've made an excellent Riddler.

Anyone who saw the departed knows this guy can do just about anything on screen he chooses to do and do it better than 95% of the actors working today.

The Riddler, as a character, is all wrong for the Nolan Batman universe. That's a bigger problem than having an A-list, A-talent, actor added to the cast.

I was a fan even before The Departed (which is the best movie of the last decade, IMHO) based on his performance in Gangs of New York. And if anyone still doubts him, check out Shutter Island and Revolutionary Road and J. Edgar.

We're talking as if the Riddler is some complex character. He could do it easily.

I was a fan even before The Departed (which is the best movie of the last decade, IMHO) based on his performance in Gangs of New York. And if anyone still doubts him, check out Shutter Island and Revolutionary Road and J. Edgar.

We're talking as if the Riddler is some complex character. He could do it easily.

I couldn't agree more.

100% correct. Love that movie.