• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting ahold of Kwan Chang

46 posts in this topic

Yes i am back :)

thanks for all my friends in this hobby who spoke up.....you guys get a discount on your next order :)

Wasn't really gone long.....but I always read these forums but never felt compelled to join....until now.

Just to set the record straight...........the original poster stated that "I emailed Kwan some time ago regarding purchasing original art and he has yet to respond. Does anyone know how long he usually takes to respond to purchase requests?"

seether sent me an email on June 4 and posted here on June 5. again WTF ?

that "some time ago" was about 36 hours. YES...he posted that i was missing in action in about 36 hours. less than two days. WTF ? seriously ?

some people he on the boards need to relax. ive been in contact with seether and he still blames me for not replying in a timely manner.

i also explained to him this is not my full time gig......i was on a business/vacation with my family (went to the puerto rico comic con and stayed a couple of days extra) and getting ready for the summer convention season.....heroes......florida supercon and ....ending with an appearance at the SDCC with my artists....Leinil Yu, Olivier Coipel and Joe Madureira (----BOOTH 4907----) thanks for letting me plug this guys :)

still seether insists its my fault as i should post on my website that i am on vacation...... i told him thats not possible as i do not have the time nor the patience for customers like him.

just so you you all know..............i normally check my email several times a day. if it was that important.....resend me an email.....no need to post on a public forum like this looking for me.

thanks again and i promise to post more soon ! :)

Kwan

Kwan does reply in a timely manner. I actually emailed him regarding getting a sketch from Coipel at Supercon and got a reply the next day I believe... Patience, some have it, some dont.

I think technology has spoiled people. Seether's impatience I think comes from the fact that now that everyone is expected to have an iphone or android or blackberry (I don't even have a cell phone) we expect INSTANT response. It's ridiculous. We're so impatient now. I remember even just a few years ago when I would check email once a day... because that's what is was. Mail. So going two or three or four or a week, without checking, wasn't unheard of. Now, if we don;t hear back from someone within' an hour, we freak out. As Seether did here. I don't blame him entirely, we are starting to be trained to have this sort of behavior. Believe me, not having a cell phone has many, many people mad at me considering I'm in the film and television industry and i think this year I am finally buckling to the pressure, but Kwan, I actually applaud you for taking a work/vacation and NOT being glued to your emails and the goings on on your website (for only 36 hours I might add). Good for you. We all need to do that more.

I haven't dealt with Kwan much, but when I have it has been very good.

All this to say, more than just what has happened with Kwan, I get very saddened at what we expect from each other in communication simply due to technology.

I realize this had very little to do with comic art... and so I guess i will chime in about Spencer...

His website sucks. He is blunt. I have never had a request or even a simple question go unanswered. If he has a piece of art I want, I deal with him and his "rules" because I want the piece of art. AT LEAST his rules are clear and if you follow them, you'll get what you want... not like dealing with the Donnely's where you don't even know what the protocol is, or prices are, or which price they have listed on different sites is the right one... They are the only "dealers" who I don't even look to see what they have anymore, because even if they have something I want, I will not deal with them. I don't feel that way about Spencer and have purchased a few items from him, always without a problem.

I agree. It's ridiculous. I was just pointing out how our expectations for immediate response times have become completely unreasonable. Everything is expected to be instant these days. I don't think this is a good thing by any means, it's just the way things are in general. I don't personally subscribe to that way of thinking. Like I said, I don't even have a cell phone.

still seether insists its my fault as i should post on my website that i am on vacation...... i told him thats not possible as i do not have the time nor the patience for customers like him.

The customer is not always right.

It's unrealistic to expect instant communication. Anything within 1-2 days is entirely reasonable and if you're out of town a few days longer is not unreasonable.

I agree with Dumur: technology has spoiled us and ruined our patience.

I agree with Kwan and Dumur, 36 hours is ridiculous, these young kids today need to learn patience :)

Actually, being patience has served me wel i this hobby. I mean, you always have to act fast, but once you do, its always good to be patient, especially about things you don't control. Seethers post made Kwan sound totally unresponsive, which is clearly not the case now that we hear the other side of the story.

Malvin