• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Getting ahold of Kwan Chang

46 posts in this topic

And this has what to do with Kwan? At this point?

...yeah, didn't think so....

Seether did you not see my PM?

It has everything to do with Romain acting like an assbag with a hole in it.

...yeah, I think so....

GFY

See? I thought Eric was agreeing with you.

(shrug)

As in, "What does Romain's person_without_enough_empathyin' about Spencer have to do with Kwan's whereabouts?"

Maybe I misread it.

See? I thought Eric was agreeing with you.

(shrug)

As in, "What does Romain's person_without_enough_empathyin' about Spencer have to do with Kwan's whereabouts?"

Maybe I misread it.

I thought he was with me. He replied to my post. If so, I apologize and rescind my request that he GFH. :foryou:

Spencer has a sterling reputation for being honest, for keeping promises, for stepping in to help in transactions where he has no responsibility, for delivering on every deal, for assisting collectors and creators for decades without fail.

You are missing the point. It is not "without fail", as I and others can attest to. And he did not deliver with me. It could have been a bad day and I am willing to him the benefit of the doubt, but you are disingenuous when you talk in absolutes like this. Does Spencer do nice things on occasion, without prompting...sure. But that does not erase his faults. Let the guy be a human being, we all make mistakes.

Oh, and Kwan Chang rocks.

-Sean

Not sure what happened in this thread but what I can say is Romain is a good guy, he may post in a rather exuberant gallic style but his heart is in the right place.

Just like most of the boardies I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Spencer has a sterling reputation for being honest, for keeping promises, for stepping in to help in transactions where he has no responsibility, for delivering on every deal, for assisting collectors and creators for decades without fail.

You are missing the point. It is not "without fail", as I and others can attest to. And he did not deliver with me. It could have been a bad day and I am willing to him the benefit of the doubt, but you are disingenuous when you talk in absolutes like this. Does Spencer do nice things on occasion, without prompting...sure. But that does not erase his faults. Let the guy be a human being, we all make mistakes.

-Sean

Oh God...is this Wasielewski?

I should have known. lol

That axe you are grinding on Spencer's so old all that should be left if the handle. lol

-Sean

Sean,

Let Kwan be a human being, he doesn't always rock, sometimes he rolls, and perhaps he may throw in a shimmy from time to time. We all make different dance moves.

-Sean

Oh God...is this Wasielewski?

I should have known. lol

That axe you are grinding on Spencer's so old all that should be left if the handle. lol

I hold no grudge. Walked up to him at NYCC 2 or 3 years ago, introduced myself, asked him "you know who I am right?" and he said yes. I offered my hand and we shook like gentlemen. I thought it was over but when we got home he was right back to the old stuff on email.

But I have always said that it was my problem, no one else's. I said that in my VERY first post ever on the subject. If he treats you well, keep on keepin' on. Just don't pretend that no one has had problems with him, that's all.

I try to be fair, and I have NEVER had a problem with anyone else in this hobby. That should count for something, no? So I don't think it is fair to say that I am grinding an axe. In fact, you have been more emotional and combative on the subject than I have by far, eh Chris? (Just funnin'. I know you can take it as well as dish it out.)

-Sean (who buys from Spencer every year at the holiday sale, he just doesn't know it is me as I do it through friends. Not this year though. His website was my favorite before our falling out, and I would check it EVERY day. So trust me, it wasn't a capricious decision.)

I hold no grudge. Walked up to him at NYCC 2 or 3 years ago, introduced myself, asked him "you know who I am right?" and he said yes. I offered my hand and we shook like gentlemen. I thought it was over but when we got home he was right back to the old stuff on email.

I didn't realize you shook hands. Are you sure that happened?

Just don't pretend that no one has had problems with him, that's all.

I never said no one's ever had a problem with him. I never said that. It doesn't help the opposing argument to assume facts not in evidence. lol I said his reputation was sterling. That means solid, spectacular, impressive, and of the highest quality. It doesn't mean perfect.

I don't expect anyone who deals with the general public in a hobby that pertains to funnybook pages and that includes a bunch of grown up (and no so grown up) kids as customers to have a perfect track record and get along with everyone.

I've seen and and heard some of the demands people have made of all the reps I know. I know for a fact that it's pretty much impossible for anyone to have a perfect 100% satisfaction rate. The sense of entitlement on some of these guys and the overpowering ability of some folks to never lift their eyes from their own navel makes it impossible to please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

That's why I never used the word perfect. I used the word Sterling because in this hobby with the 10's of thousands of pieces and thousands of customers he deals with every year he hits it out of the park at an amazing rate. His reputation with all but a select few is utterly without peer and, indeed, STERLING. I can't be held responsible for someone completely misunderstanding the meaning of what I wrote. lol

I try to be fair, and I have NEVER had a problem with anyone else in this hobby. That should count for something, no? So I don't think it is fair to say that I am grinding an axe.

"Non sequitur alert!!" :ohnoez:

What does the fact that you don't have problems with other reps have to do with having an (obviously) ongoing problem with Spencer?

I didn't say you ground an axe against a bunch of people. just Spencer. You can give out puppies to orphans and purify water in the Sudan and neither of those facts prove you don't have an issue with Spencer either.

In fact, you have been more emotional and combative on the subject than I have by far, eh Chris? (Just funnin'. I know you can take it as well as dish it out.)

lol

Emotional? No...Logical to the point of causing pain in others? Obviously.

Combative? No....not everyone that disagrees with your point of view is being combative. They are being contrary and in this case adding perspective.

-Sean (who buys from Spencer every year at the holiday sale, he just doesn't know it is me as I do it through friends. Not this year though. His website was my favorite before our falling out, and I would check it EVERY day. So trust me, it wasn't a capricious decision.)

You've bypassed the security checks.. :ohnoez:

I think that means you've won the interwebs. :applause:

BTW, sterling is 92.5% pure. Fine is 99.9% pure. Just saying.

lol

10 minutes in this hobby and were all about 50/50.