• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTS: Y The Last Man art

15 posts in this topic

I have four consecutive Y The Last Man pages, issue 28 pages 12, 13, 14, 15. Very cool pages featuring 355 meeting the Setauket Ring to get Yorick's ring back.

I WOULD PREFER TO SELL THESE PAGES AS A SET. If after a while that doesn't seem likely, I will keep them in the collection.

I know the market for pages from this book can be weird. A single interior just went on eBay for $1300 (seemed like a bidding war after $700 between two collectors though), and they have been selling around $400-$700 per (nice) page for a while. Not to mention most of the pages are still owned by Pia Guerra and Jose Marzan. This is why I'm not going to set a price for these--quite honestly, I have no idea what they're market value is.

If you're interested in picking up 4 Y pages in sequence, not something you come across every day, please PM me any offers. I'm not offering these for sale anywhere else. If no one wants them, like I said, they will go back in the collection. Thank you! Let me know if I need to do anything else to stick within the rules of posting in this subsection!

Issue 28 page 12

28.12.JPG

Issue 28 page 13

28.13.JPG

Issue 28 page 14

28.14.JPG

Issue 28 page 15

28.15.JPG

You bring up a good point. Since it will be a private transaction between collectors, I certainly don't mind doing multiple payments over a period of time. Just being it up if you need that and we will talk about it.

Another early Y page up on eBay already at 600 with 5 days left.

I'm not trying to get anywhere close to that for an individual page, guys. Feel free to make me any offer you think is fair.

Another early Y page up on eBay already at 600 with 5 days left.

I'm not trying to get anywhere close to that for an individual page, guys. Feel free to make me any offer you think is fair.

Just a side note. I bought a Y page years ago for this same issue with similar content (Y, 355, & Amp walking and talking) for $75.00. Dear Lord, those were the days. . . Can't believe that Y page on eBay is going so high.

Great pages!

I've been out of the loop for awhile. I think I pretty much own one of the full issues, I believe I bought them off Pia' years ago. Perhaps 32? maybe later... Have a lot of pages gone up in value, or just specific ones? Just curious.

Not many pages go up for sale, to be honest. Simple panel pages from early issues are going very high though. I'd be surprised if a full issue didn't fetch at least 2500, but probably more the way it seems now.

Some of the things I have noticed collecting VERTIGO pages is:

-When a new series is announced, usually pages from the first 3 issues get :takeit: in anticipation.

- Then things settle in and collectors wait for each issue and :takeit: the one, two or three "prime pages" and the rest languish. Once those pages are gone, the ones without will wait for the next issue and try again. you never know what cool page is coming next, so no one wants to blow their wad early and miss the cool page from the next issue.

- When the series ends pages slowly start to disappear into the dark recesses. Initially alot will resurface for the flip. But within a year or two a majority are locked except for the occasional sale. But, now the pages are finite. You know what the best pages of the issue/series are. The pricing tier starts for gel and the wheat is seperated from the chaff.

Y is a bit different in that the artists kept the pages early on and set a price point for them. They weren't dumped to a dealer and spread to the winds. Similar to what Peter Gross has done with his LUCIFER pages. He set the prices(a little high in my opinion), but they have slowly disappeared from his site. Now, a few years after Y has ended and new fans are finding the series(yes, some folks still have not read it, :o , I know) the true market will start to form.

As for the value of a complete issue? I'll give you $500 bucks(there's a lot of CHAFF in there) :baiting:

And, really, how good can it be? You don't even know the issue number :makepoint:

All I know is that I emailed Jose Marzan about that page on Ebay. He was going to give to me. And he ended up giving it that person. Oh well. It happens.

I still another page, from later on in the series, with all the characters.

Sorry guys, these four are sold now.

I will now entertain offers on these three, however! First three pages of issue 49. These feature Beth and Yorick, who don't share many pages in this book.

For the last batch, I received a whopping... TWO offers. So if I similarly don't see offers on these, I'm probably going to stick them up on eBay. I'm new to this selling my art stuff, it's a pretty cool way to reinvest my money somewhere else in the hobby!

Always, always new pieces I want and never, never enough cash.

On these three pages, pay close attention to the white-out dust coming beneath the light from the lamps. Jose's inking is absolutely AMAZING.

Issue 49 pg 1

Y-49.01.jpg

Issue 49 pg 2

Y-49.02.jpg

Issue 49 pg 3

Y-49.03.jpg

OK guys. I just got a nasty vet bill for my sick cat, which sounds ridiculous, but I'd like to make up the funds. I'd like $900 for the three pages listed above, I will cover shipping. I think that is more than fair considering what single pages are going for recently.

If no one jumps on it, they'll either go up on eBay later this week and we can all track it to watch me make more or less than that, or I'll stop bothering you all about these pages and they'll go back in the Itoyas. But as it stands I think it's fair. I really hate ebay and their fees and them locking up my funds in paypal, though, so fingers crossed someone here wants them.

Have a good week everyone.