• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

xmen #94 cgc 9.6

61 posts in this topic

How long before someone claims it's pressed? foreheadslap.gif

I don't know if it's pressed or not (given the source, I wouldn't doubt it), but I do know for sure that it's OVERGRADED. Look at it - at least 3 color-breaking spine ticks and a pretty worn out upper RHC. I've seen 9.4s that look better than this copy. Of course, I've seen multiple 9.4s of this book which look no better than 9.2 - CGC has been notoriously inconsistent with its treatment of this book. Some of the early red label XM #94s are waaaaay overgraded.

No kidding. I said that when ppl were fawning over a 9.6 here. Remember that old thread? confused.gif

Weren't there only around 6 or 8 9.6 copies back then? The counts seem to be SOARING!!! shocked.gif

I seem to recall 2 or 3. Could be mistaken. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It was 6 with one restored! Dont ask me why I remember its that I just do!

Davidking623

there will be moe coming down the pike gossip.gif

No kidding. I said that when ppl were fawning over a 9.6 here. Remember that old thread? confused.gif

I remember saying that when there were 6 9.6's and no 9.8's. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

So can we say that the Census numbers are going up with 17 9.6s and yet the $$ seem to be staying, or increasing?? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ans I think I recognize the high bidder - could be wrong though.

So can we say that the Census numbers are going up with 17 9.6s and yet the $$ seem to be staying, or increasing??

It doesn't seem like the Census is having much effect on Bronze Key Issues YET!!!!

Where you can see the Census effect is in Silver-Age issues, where say issues A,B,C all guide for the same amount but issue B has a lot more copies in the census and that books sells for a lot less than A or C.

So can we say that the Census numbers are going up with 17 9.6s and yet the $$ seem to be staying, or increasing??

It doesn't seem like the Census is having much effect on Bronze Key Issues YET!!!!

Well, I wouldn't make that prediction just yet. XM #94 CGC 9.6 used to be a $6.9K+ book and there don't seem to be too many takers at that level anymore (one failed to meet reserve in the June Heritage auction and I think the last ComicLink copy went for $6.25K and there have been some reserve not met auctions on eBay, I believe) now that the Census has tripled and now that it's no longer the highest grade.

I don't expect this one to end at $4K, but I do expect it to end below the old highs.

The great crash is here. 893whatthe.gif

Sell all your high-grade books!!!!! insane.gif

Run for the hills and protect the women and children!!!!

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif, not even I thought it would go for only...$4,450. 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Are you watching LordRahl? 27_laughing.gif

Well, I wouldn't make that prediction just yet. XM #94 CGC 9.6 used to be a $6.9K+ book and there don't seem to be too many takers at that level anymore (one failed to meet reserve in the June Heritage auction and I think the last ComicLink copy went for $6.25K and there have been some reserve not met auctions on eBay, I believe) now that the Census has tripled and now that it's no longer the highest grade.

I don't expect this one to end at $4K, but I do expect it to end below the old highs.

These two were Reserve Not Met:

2217407248 X-MEN #94 CGC NM+ 9.6 US $5500.71 18-Jan-04 comgeek

2222550947 X-MEN #94 CGC NM+ 9.6 US $4050.00 8-Feb-04 ejaenter

Holy 893censored-thumb.gif, not even I thought it would go for only...$4,450. 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Personally, I think the weak upper right corner (more possible slab damage??? 893whatthe.gif) and the visible spine stress kept that NON-9.6-in-a-9.6-label from selling for more.

Oh I'm watching. I just saw the highest price ever realized for a 9.4 copy of X-Men 94. 27_laughing.gif Might even be a 9.2 confused-smiley-013.gif Jason is not stupid, why do you think he had such a low reserve on it?