• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Switch to Mylar

25 posts in this topic

WTTB Mr...ahem...Rod!

Don't just switch the bags, switch the boards to Fullbacks as well. Not only will your books look great, but Fullbacks will provide great stability.

Check out board member Hotflips website: http://www.hotflips.com

Super guys and super service.

+1 I love the mylar's that Hotflips sell. Also I love their CGC Bags. Nicest guys you could ever get supplies from and their customer service is Second to None!

Also had great experience with HotFlips. I have upgraded all my permanent collection (about 4k books) to Mylar 2's and Fullbacks. It hurts when you first buy them, but I have never regreted doing the change.

Good luck!

I have made a conscious decision to switch to Mylar for all of my comics, specifically the Mylites2 from E. Gerber.

I know that these are a price increase over poly bags, but i got 500 of them off of ebay for a shade less than $100

That works out to roughly $.18 per comic.

I consider that to be a minimal investment for this chosen hobby of mine.

After all, I am not in this as a short term speculation, nor am i trying to get rich off of this. I have been doing this for almost 30 years and I collect comics, because i love the artform.....the covers, the stories.....all of it.

In the grand scheme of things i dont think that is too much to spend per comic to ensure they are something that i can give my kids or grandkids one day.

Not to mention the fact that they make the books look SO good.

I am at the beginning of moving almost 3000 comics to mylar (about 300 in so far)

Has anyone else gone this route?

I have all my books in Mylar.