• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A question for experianced con go-ers -

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, quick question.

How does on usually go about getting a dealers badge for shows? I am looking to get some dealer / pro passes for some future cons, and was wondering what tech some of you used to get them? I'm sure some of you have connections, some work for dealers, some buy passes from people they know - but I was looking to see the trips and magic you guys use to obtain one other then call every dealer on the list and ask if they will sell you a badge? lol

Odd question, I know.... Looking for advice from the board members because you guys are just a well of knowledge. :)

Cheers,

Troy

Your best bet is to PM every dealer and beg.

I don't know that this is or isnt' the best way, but I have seen it work.

Your best bet is to PM every dealer and beg.

Yep! That is the answer I came to! I was wondering if anyone else had tactics with more... well.... tact. But I will use it. lol

In the past I got together with several bordies and got a table in artist alley. Then paid for the extra tickets and came out about the same as regular admission but with a pro badge.

John

In the past I got together with several bordies and got a table in artist alley. Then paid for the extra tickets and came out about the same as regular admission but with a pro badge.

John

This is a great idea! Bad for large shows that sell out tables but may be very useful. Did you just leave the table unattended?

A lot of dealers, such as myself, could use help unloading the vans and help reloading it. That warrants a badge. Other dealers can use some helps sporadically at their booth during the show. That warrants a badge. Others would like you bring them coffee or lunch or give them a bathroom break. That warrants a badge. Some dealers would like you to spend money at their booth, that warrants a badge. If you have a hot female relative that is single, that warrants two badges.

Jeff

Hey Jeff, thanks for the notes!

I don't mind helping out at all, my fear is missing out on things that sell out preshow and working through that stuff. I will work on the hot female relative plan! :applause:

John

This is a great idea! Bad for large shows that sell out tables but may be very useful. Did you just leave the table unattended?

One of the guys that we shared the table with was Billy the Kid and he would use the table.