• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official ''DREDD'' thread. DREDD TRAILER PAGE 6!

147 posts in this topic

New Official Poster

Dredd_poster_big.jpg

And Mega-City 1

Dreddimage_2_big.jpg

Not used to seeing that much space in the ''bigmeg''. lol

Well what do my fellow Judge Dredd fans think?

Caira was a genius for buying that 9.4 of Dredd's 1st appearance. Instant gold!

:applause:

I imagine this time around they will try to stick to the feel of Dredd from the comic instead of the

hollywood entertainment done last time. But like another poster mentioned, that city shot does

not remind me of the comic at all. Nada.

edited to add: i found better pic online and at least the buildings have their names on them.

I do not recognize the names though.

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/Dreddimage_2_big.jpg

The vehicles in the back look like trucks with plywood backs painted up. Not sure what they were

going for there...

megacity should be dirty and crowded...that looks like star trek...
Agreed.

Here's what John Wagner (Judge Dredd creator) said on his Facebook page

on May 25th

I went up to London yesterday to see the completed Dredd film. I've had reservations about certain aspects of it, and made them plain to the team at DNA. All but one of them - a little quibble at the beginning - have been addressed. And what a lot they've added. Music is on the button. SFX are excellent. Filming is impressive. I've not seen a modern 3-D movie before but I like it. I found myself reaching out trying to touch things that were dancing before my eyes. Karl is a great Dredd and Olivia gets Anderson completely. This is Dredd as it should be done - true to character, visceral, unrelentingly violent (but not off-puttingly so). It will open, I believe, sometime in September. No doubt you'll let me know what you think when you've seen it, but this has my recommendation.

megacity should be dirty and crowded...that looks like star trek...
Agreed, Here are some comparison shots.

JUDGE DREDD: 1995

mega_city_1995_dredd.jpg

And yes that is THE statue of Liberty right in the middle of all that clutter. lol

The buildings are so tall they reach the sky. lol

mega_city_one_judge_dredd_1995.jpg

DREDD: 2012

Dreddimage_2_big.jpg

Pretty sparse, No crazy buildings, No Clutter, if there's one thing the 95 flick got right it was the city. :(

But if the film is good that can all be forgiven, I think. :popcorn:

DREDD: 2012

Dreddimage_2_big.jpg

Pretty sparse, No crazy buildings, No Clutter, if there's one thing the 95 flick got right it was the city. :(

But if the film is good that can all be forgiven, I think. :popcorn:

We don't know how the city is laid out yet. This police HQ could be set far above the ground level. We can't assume too much about how Mega City will look from this shot. There are too many unknown variables at this point.