• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bleeding Cool Magazine

4 posts in this topic

I'm wondering what everyone thought of this magazine. I was actually very scared when I skimmed through it that it was going to merely promote Boom titles and other stuff that had a loose or strict relationship to the writers and others at Bleeding Cool

After reading the book from cover to cover, I was happily surprised by the content. I was happy to learn that they intend to generate some sort of price guide for the first issue (and assuming the following issues). I hope that they include a Top Ten hot comics list like Wizard did (back when people read it) and wonder what everyone would like to see in this magazine and what everyone thought of the magazaine. Thanks for your input.

Did not care for it at all. Just a bunch of hype with very little actual content.

And the WD price guide...yeesh. Just posted highest recorded sales for each book. How is that helpful...?

He even mentions that WD 1 can sell for "up to $8000". First of all, the highest recorded sale is $7000. Second, to mention that kind of number without any further explanation is extrememly misleading.

I will not be picking up future issues.

I am still waiting for mine and will wait and see. Coincidentally I just discovered Wizard has not been publishing since Jan of last year and hope BC would not be same as WIZ.

Did not care for it at all. Just a bunch of hype with very little actual content.

And the WD price guide...yeesh. Just posted highest recorded sales for each book. How is that helpful...?

He even mentions that WD 1 can sell for "up to $8000". First of all, the highest recorded sale is $7000. Second, to mention that kind of number without any further explanation is extrememly misleading.

Agree. Definitely heavy on hype.

Hopefully the magazine will mature as it goes...

I'll continue to buy... but that's saying more about my desire to read about comics and the industry than about the quality of the magazine at this point. :grin: