• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scarcest and/or best cover by title and publisher

79 posts in this topic

As far as the classic Baker GGA covers are concerned, I've hardly ever seen this book come up for sale. There's just another 6.5 copy on the census. I would love see to a raw HG copy of this book.

authenticpolicecases6cg.jpg

authenticpolicecases6cge.jpg

Here's the 6.5... took me a long time to find a copy...

db1f483f.jpg

You just never see some of those Fight issues. Richard your copy of #4 is just crazy nice.

It was nicer when I owned it! :cry:

Yep!

Love the Headline.Definitely a very difficult book to find.

I'm not certain if this is the rarest Wonderworld,but it's got to be on the top of the list.It's the only copy I have ever seen.Perhaps Mr.Berk can give his opinion.I know he has a copy,anyone else?

ww31.jpg

I'm not certain if this is the rarest Wonderworld,but it's got to be on the top of the list.It's the only copy I have ever seen.Perhaps Mr.Berk can give his opinion.I know he has a copy,anyone else?

ww31.jpg

Wow! Never seen that one before Russ! Wonder how many copies remain? Any thoughts Jon? (You seem to have more rare books than pretty much anyone else)

ww31.jpg

Many of the last issues are tough to get. In fact US Jones1 was probably slated to be in the WW title....

My problem commenting is that I have had the runs for so long, I do not "look' for what is out there....except in passing.....Also I cheated by getting the Mile High run (took 12 years to do, but I did it. The books were scattered all over the place)

Weird 20 is tough , Eagle 4, and mid numbers for Fantastic like 17-19.....

Oh---Who is that "Mr. Berk" fellow?

Jon

130532.jpg.819bb4e6db5acfec0247332687f03cdf.jpg

130547.jpg.f023c60acea35b4cb10fefc09152118e.jpg

130548.jpg.370a771fe12a31bc16b50cb33743a7e4.jpg

I saw a beat up # 2 on the bay recentley, with 4 in the census. No. 1's keep popping up in the census, I remember when there were only 2.

prize2.jpg

I know there's a Mile High copy out there, a 3.0 with brittle pages and a 6.0 recently appeared, I wonder how many are really out there, not being high dollar books can make them appear scarce, although you don't ever see them for sale.

prize3.jpg

Here's a pretty rare Fawcett from 1941. There are only 3 on the census, and the highest graded is a 3.5 (which is this one). I hear rumors that there's a nice raw copy floating out there somewhere, but I haven't seen it yet...

CaptainMarvelThrillBook_lte.jpg