• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrity Signed Books
20 20

4,153 posts in this topic

On 6/15/2024 at 3:42 PM, demorgan said:

Sending the following in to get graded and signature verified. Should I also get it pressed?First time sending in anything. All recommendations and advice would be highly appreciated.

20240606_182011.jpg

I can't speak on pressing, but I might if I wanted to maximize, glad you got THAT signature though! It is respectable and clean :) 

edit to say Welcome to the Boards! @demorgan

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
welcome to the boards!

On 6/15/2024 at 4:42 PM, demorgan said:

Sending the following in to get graded and signature verified. Should I also get it pressed?First time sending in anything. All recommendations and advice would be highly appreciated.

20240606_182011.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong because of the light but that looks like a foil cover. Foil covers are usually always pretty solid high grade books because th quality of the cover is better than other material. And pressing them can actually damage the foil. It's not standard paper after all & heat on foil can have an adverse effect. But I'd consult an experienced presser before committing to having it done.

On 6/15/2024 at 6:22 PM, Vince1313 said:

Maybe I'm wrong because of the light but that looks like a foil cover. Foil covers are usually always pretty solid high grade books because th quality of the cover is better than other material. And pressing them can actually damage the foil. It's not standard paper after all & heat on foil can have an adverse effect. But I'd consult an experienced presser before committing to having it done.

It is a foil cover, im glad that you mentioned it.Thanks

On 6/15/2024 at 6:13 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I can't speak on pressing, but I might if I wanted to maximize, glad you got THAT signature though! It is respectable and clean :) 

edit to say Welcome to the Boards! @demorgan

Thanks . Like i said before, im new to all of this and any advice is wonderful. 

On 5/31/2024 at 6:18 PM, ivdyer said:

Thank you to @YEPITSMEfor this one…..

IMG_1526.thumb.jpeg.f9ac895aacf8a806554cc108f83041d4.jpeg

On 6/10/2024 at 3:07 PM, Vince1313 said:

Got these signed at conventions over the past year; was going to have them slabbed by the other guys to protect them, but the JSA option becoming available was great for me. I just didn't like the awkwardness of the green label saying "writing on cover." I'm happy with the grades too. Couple big surprises for me in there.

CGC4430888-004_OBV.jpg

I like Paola Lazaro's autograph. The big signatures like hers just look cooler than your average sig.