• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Census.GPA Question

7 posts in this topic

I just checked GPA for Jingle Jangle Comics #1 and it only reports two total sales, one being a 9.2 that sold in 2002. However, checking the CGC Census, there is no 9.2 listed. There is, however, a 9.8. Does this mean the 9.2 got pressed up to glory? Or is there another possible explanation? Also, any idea how I might value an 8.0/8.5 (raw) copy?

It is very likely that the former 9.2 has turned to a 9.8, however, the owner of the 9.2 could have also cracked the comic out of the holder in order to keep it raw and sent the label back to cgc.

Bit unlikely though, as people usually keep the labels with the deslabbed books.

It is very likely that the former 9.2 has turned to a 9.8, however, the owner of the 9.2 could have also cracked the comic out of the holder in order to keep it raw and sent the label back to cgc.

Bit unlikely though, as people usually keep the labels with the deslabbed books.

It depends, as that is a new trend. CGC used to give a a couple dollars in credit for returned labels and back then virtually every label was returned. I guess CGC decided the integrity of their census wasnt worth doing on their dime.

It depends, as that is a new trend. CGC used to give a a couple dollars in credit for returned labels and back then virtually every label was returned. I guess CGC decided the integrity of their census wasnt worth doing on their dime.

doh!:facepalm:

I would hazard a guess that it wasn't worth many collector's time to do this. I would rather keep the label for future resale purposes.

I would hazard a guess that it wasn't worth many collector's time to do this. I would rather keep the label for future resale purposes.
To each their own i guess. Back then i only had cracked 2 maybe 3 slabs and you can bet your banana GIFs i got my money for them. Now is the when returning them isnt worth anyones time or dime, i have at least 100 of them sitting here on my desk.