• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman VS. Wolverine Artwork....Thoughts on value?

78 posts in this topic

Well, I know that Barnes & Noble have copies for sale.

Go to one and you can look at their copy to check.

I personally do not own a copy so I really can't tell you much other than that.

I hope I helped.

thumbsup2.gif

Well, I know that Barnes & Noble have copies for sale.

Go to one and you can look at their copy to check.

I personally do not own a copy so I really can't tell you much other than that.

I hope I helped.

thumbsup2.gif

I appreciate the information. I knew that Jerry W. put one out. I was just informed that it wasn't very complete. Of course guide value and market value are always two different things also.

I'm thinking of Ebay and I think it's the right time with Spiderman 2 coming out and X3 in the works. I'm just undecided on a reserve/starting price.

Actually, I don't have much intention to sell these pages.

Oopps. Sorry, must have misread your earlier quote about putting them on ebay. Really, if that's one of your favorite books, I wouldn't move them either. My first book I bought was Avengers #36, from 1966. I bought the original color seperations for the cover years ago. All I hear is "but its Don Heck...", doesn't matter to me, I love that book & seeing the color plates makes me smile every time I come across it. I passed on one of my favorite pages from the book in back in the late 90s. I had just started collecting & thought, "wow, this is going to be easy to track these down." Haven't seen a page since...I'm still kicking myself.

No, you read it correctly. As I mentioned I don't have "much" intention on selling these pages. If I did, I would probably go with Ebay. I just wanted to get some feeling from this group regarding a possible reserve/starting price (idea of market value). I appreciate all the feeback. Interesting discussion.

Is it complete? Can I look up individual page values of all individual issues? If not, it's not complete.

Far from complete.

I have a copy and it's nowhere near what you think it is.

Mark Bright is not even listed in it.

It lists by artist and gives ballpark figures for art.

And it's often not even close. Sometimes way high. Sometimes way low.

gossip.gif

You still might want to consider selling for the $500 and buy a HULK 181 grin.gifmakepoint.gifboo.gif

What if I've already got a dozen?

Well then go for the NEW Modern Grail.....

foreheadslap.gif New Mutants 98????

You still might want to consider selling for the $500 and buy a HULK 181 grin.gifmakepoint.gifboo.gif

What if I've already got a dozen?

Well then go for the NEW Modern Grail.....

foreheadslap.gif New Mutants 98????

I'm currently hoarding X-Men 101 gossip.gif

Obviously, these pages fulfill two of the Very Important Criteria for valuable original art:

-They have EXTREMELY popular characters.

-They're FIGHTING!!

However, they have some pretty big negatives too...

-- They are panel pages

-- They have tons of white-out

-- They are by a no-name artist

That being said...

1st page -- mostly taking heads - $100-$150

2nd page -- getting better - $150-$175

3rd page -- the best of the lot - $150-$250

If it were me I'd list them as a lot on eBay. Set the reserve at $300 and a $750 BIN.

Ahh, but there is a price guide.

The Comic Art Price Guide by Jerry Weist

To order by phone (888) 375 - 9800 ext. 410

or Write to

Comic Art Price Art Guide

Gemstone Publishing Inc.

1966 Greenspring Drive

Timonium, MD 21093

thumbsup2.gif

That book is completely useless as a price guide. IIRC they have Byrne X-Men pages listed at $600. 893whatthe.gif

Here's a non-action Daredevil-in-costume "talking heads" page from DD#183 (not even drawn by Miller) that got $1200.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2246830528&category=972

Someone may mention this later in the thread (I'm reading from the top down) but that didn't sell at that price. That was the WAY TOO HIGH Heritage reserve. It had stalled at around $500 before the bump. $500-750 was where I thought it would stay, by the way.

Here's a non-action Daredevil-in-costume "talking heads" page from DD#183 (not even drawn by Miller) that got $1200.

http://cgi.liveauctions.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2246830528&category=972

Someone may mention this later in the thread (I'm reading from the top down) but that didn't sell at that price. That was the WAY TOO HIGH Heritage reserve. It had stalled at around $500 before the bump. $500-750 was where I thought it would stay, by the way.

Hey Rob,

The bid history says that it was purchased by a live auction floor bidder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It didn't sell. Just look for it in the permanent auction archives - it doesn't show up while all the other pieces that did sell from that auction do.

Hey Rob,

The bid history says that it was purchased by a live auction floor bidder. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Whatever ebay says I watched the auction on Heritage from the moment it was listed. I was high bidder for a while. After the bump to $1200 it was listed as "Reserve Status: Next Bid Meets Reserve." That bid never came. I predicted as much on my blog. The lot was unsold:

http://apps.heritagecomics.com/common/view_item.php?Sale_No=811&Lot_No=8336

It didn't sell. Just look for it in the permanent auction archives - it doesn't show up while all the other pieces that did sell from that auction do.

Yeah, you have to check "include unsold items" to see it or just have it in your bid history like I did.

Your new avatar makes me think you're shouting at me and pointing a finger at me when I read your posts. 27_laughing.gif

Your new avatar makes me think you're shouting at me and pointing a finger at me when I read your posts. 27_laughing.gif

Your avatar makes me think I'm talking to Dupcak!!!! 893whatthe.gif

Oh great, now I'M a shill for Hammer! You owe me an apology!!!! 27_laughing.gif893applaud-thumb.gif