• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much do you value/devalue UK Pence Copies

53 posts in this topic

I've gotten my hands on a couple of Marvel key issues, slabbed and graded, but I'm having a hard time finding out their value as they are pence copies.

Does anyone know where I can find a reliable source/site to check the value of UK/Pence copies?

Or on a personal note, how much do you value/undervalue Pence copies. I know that Mile High, considers them to be worth far more than US copies and considers them price variants. Thoughts?

I've gotten my hands on a couple of Marvel key issues, slabbed and graded, but I'm having a hard time finding out their value as they are pence copies.

Does anyone know where I can find a reliable source/site to check the value of UK/Pence copies?

Or on a personal note, how much do you value/undervalue Pence copies. I know that Mile High, considers them to be worth far more than US copies and considers them price variants. Thoughts?

You can actually draw your own conclusions on this. Here are the facts; UK pence priced copies were printed at the same time on the same presses as the US versions, just with the plate for the price changed.

They are not reprints or printed in the UK.

Depends on the book and the grade really.

Reader copies? About the same as Cents

Midgrade copies? A little lower, 5-10% maybe

High grade copies? 20-25% less than the cent market value

But every collector values them differently. There not reprints but for a lot of people they either don't know that or only want cent copies.

You would think they are more valuable, like a variant. (shrug)

Apparently the pence copies act superior and look down their noses at the cents copies.

Whereas, the cents copies think that they are the only copies in the world and none of them have a passport. :baiting:

Apparently the pence copies act superior and look down their noses at the cents copies.

Whereas, the cents copies think that they are the only copies in the world and none of them have a passport. :baiting:

lol

lol

(thumbs u