• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tdcomixncardz and CGG

146 posts in this topic

Bad photoshop scan manipulation & CGG. Where have we heard that before? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

What am I missing here. What would one gain by manipulating the date graded on the label for resale purposes? confused-smiley-013.gif

Daniel stated a couple of months ago that the seller, Tdcomixncardz, was banned from submitting to them. Now TD puts up various comics up on eBay that show CGG graded the comics this month. Someone posts that here and on the CPG boards and TD starts manipulating the dates back. The only reason I can think of is to protect CGG previous statement. Which in itself doesn't make sense unless there's more to their relationship than what CGG is saying.... 893scratchchin-thumb.gifforeheadslap.gif

Very suspicious turn of events....but then again what hasn't been with CGG.... 893whatthe.gif

Jim

1) CGG claimed they were not letting TD submit books any longer2) books appeared that were dated after the above statement 3) dates on these books suddenly changed after they were noted on forum4) When the date alterations were noted,CGG claimed to have reinstated the seller after an investigation showed he wa a good guy beieged by jealous wanna-bes

1) CGG claimed they were not letting TD submit books any longer2) books appeared that were dated after the above statement 3) dates on these books suddenly changed after they were noted on forum4) When the date alterations were noted,CGG claimed to have reinstated the seller after an investigation showed he wa a good guy beieged by jealous wanna-bes

Very good summation Shadrock. I wanna give these CGG guys another chance with a few books but these "under the table" shenanigans with TD really affects their credibility. I just cannot fathom how CGG still does business with TD unless his account is really important to them. But it's not as if he is selling dozens of CGG slabs all the time (on Ebay at least). He appears to be a fairly small dealer. At the very least I'm surprised they/he don't at least get a straw man or create a new Ebay account (maybe listed outside of Oregon) to at least appear on the level. Whoever is pullin' something here, they are not very good at pulling off a good scam. Or maybe it is just that us Forum members are so well informed and the non-forum victims of TD and his cohorts are naive to what is going on. confused-smiley-013.gif . I still have a TD book (DC Special 100-pager #4) that I bought as a CGG 8.5 for $135 that I am wondering about too. -----Sid

This company is CLEARLY corrupt time and time again. mad.gif

I think I'd have better chances with a raw book 893frustrated.gif

......with a raw book on Ebay from hammer. ohgeez.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Got an email from Daniel. It appears to re-state what he wrote to the CPG forum:

"We are allowing this customer to submit books again. After our investigation we had no proof he had done anything wrong, and have never had problems with any of his books when they came through our offices. One book that had been said to have had color touch we retrieved and could find no color touch on the book. To further avoid any possibilty of book switching, we have implimented new security features which make any duplication of the inner holder or label next to impossible, and making it very difficult for anyone to possibly switch out one book for another.

Nobody's books get graded quickly or the restoration check ignored, or are given special grades or treatment. We treat all our customers the same, with respect and good customer service. While this may never satisfy some people we will continue do so.

Daniel Patterson"

I have sent a reply asking him to also discuss whether there is a relationship between TD and the /G restoration expert.

I'll post the same thing here.....

Daniel, tdcomics also goes by the name Ryan Elliott.

Also uses the e-bay ID barksducksuo as stated by others.

Daniel, people are upset at YOU because of your questionable business practices.

Let me list them.

1. Missed restoration on many books, then suggest it is the submitters/ or CGC's fault.

2. You have given us poorly doctored scans.

a. You claimed the book was trimmed after you graded it, yet when you showed us the

scan of the book from your company "untrimmed" it was clearly photoshop-ed.

You didn't even get the artwork correct on it.

3. Flip flopped on tdcomics. At first you claimed tdcomics could not submit books.

a) When it is shown he has books with current dates of 6/04 he doctors the scans.

Once these doctored scans are shown. You then claim its ok for him to submit again.

4. You keep claiming these are isolated events and are not your fault yet this has clearly

happened many times.

a. There are at least 5 books now that were once in blue CGG labels now in CGC PLOD's.

2 ASM's (Trimmed), 1 Batman (Color touched), 1 Brave and the Bold (Color touched), and 1 Showcase (Missed centerfold work)

Also, If you continue to claim the book (Batman 238) has no color touch why didn't you simply submit it to a third party and end the debate? Hopefully this should make it painfully clear why you and tdcomix have created a mess.

And this was my reply to him:

OK let's go over this again....

TD sells these two CGG graded comics:

cgglabels.jpg

They are regraded by CGC....

cggmtu1.jpg

cggasm68.jpg

You say that the ASM #68 wasn't trimmed when you graded it. So you provide a scan to prove it....

CGGASM68scan.jpg

Turns out that the scan has been digitally manipulated with a bottom edge added to make up for the trim....

You then state that you received the scan from the seller (TD was the seller). You also state that TD will not be allowed to submit through CGG anymore....

During this suspension, another restored comic shows up with amateur cover touch:

cggbatman.jpg

cgcbatman.jpg

You imply that the security of the holder will be upgraded and it's possible you missed the restoration. You also reinforce the earlier comment that TD will not be allowed to submit books to CGG again.

Now, lo and behold, it turns out that TD has been allowed to resubmit books to CGG and before you even comment on that info, board members have noticed and posted the info. No sooner then that, TD digitally CHANGES the date notation on the labels to hide the fact (you can find all the scans in this thread and if you can't I'll be happy to send those to you as well as before and after scans of comics bought off eBay that TD has restored). Why? Why the hell would TD care to try to cover up the fact that CGG is grading their books again? That smacks of complicity between you and TD more than anything that happened in the past. Also, if that's not misrepresenting the CGG product I don't know what is.

So Daniel....where is there the doubt? Why is it you put so much faith in the seller to endure all these (and there are others) shady instances that directly impact CGG's reputation?

Frankly, if you aren't willing to help yourself and your company by associating yourself with these scam artists, why should anyone give you the benefit of a doubt or support your service?

Jim

He should of ended that debate long ago, but he didn't.

Why? confused-smiley-013.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

He can't. He claims the Bats 238 you sent back to him wasn't the one they originally graded. If this was the case, why didn't they just send it back to you? These guys are hilarious. It's sad that there are ppl out there who think they are a viable alternative to CGC.

1. Missed restoration on many books, then suggest it is the submitters/ or CGC's fault.

2. You have given us poorly doctored scans.

a. You claimed the book was trimmed after you graded it, yet when you showed us the

scan of the book from your company "untrimmed" it was clearly photoshop-ed.

You didn't even get the artwork correct on it.

3. Flip flopped on tdcomics. At first you claimed tdcomics could not submit books.

a) When it is shown he has books with current dates of 6/04 he doctors the scans.

Once these doctored scans are shown. You then claim its ok for him to submit again.

4. You keep claiming these are isolated events and are not your fault yet this has clearly

happened many times.

a. There are at least 5 books now that were once in blue CGG labels now in CGC PLOD's.

2 ASM's (Trimmed), 1 Batman (Color touched), 1 Brave and the Bold (Color touched), and 1 Showcase (Missed centerfold work)

You guys forgot at least one...

A book sold (I think to TD?) as a purple label CGC, then ends up in a blue label CGG case and sold on eBay as unrestored.

gossip.gif

What book?

Avengers 4

popcorn.gif

My mistake...it wasn't TD.

confused-smiley-013.gif

It was being auctioned off by TD. I sold it to someone else in Eugene. OR! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

They must all be related.

Was "Deliverance" filmed in Oregon?

confused-smiley-013.gif