• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 Albuquerque Comic Expo sketches!

23 posts in this topic

I took the left turn at Albuquerque and ended up at the ACE. Special thanks to Chandler, Sharon, and Tonia from DWC for doing a great job! Here are a few sketch covers I had done:

First up is a Wolverine by Bill Sienkienwicz:

ACEWolverineSienKeiwiczsketch.jpg[/img]

Here is a great cloaked Green Arrow by Mike Grell:

ACEGrellGreenArrowsketch.jpg[/img]

Here is a little Avengers vs X-Men Herb Trimpe style:

ACEAvsXTrimpe.jpg[/img]

Is that Cherry Poptart in that Dragon's mouth??? Here is an awesome Timely Sub-Mariner Comics # 11 cover homage by the great Larry Welz:

WelzeDefenderssketch.jpg[/img]

Here is an amazing Vampirella by Joe Jusko...looks like Wolverine lost his head!

ACEJuskoVampisketch.jpg[/img]

Last but not least, a SICK Joker by Bill Sienkiewicz! The deranged inscription reads, "Hey Hit-Girl...wait till you get a loada me"!

ACEBillSiekeiwiczJokersketchb.jpg[/img]

ACEBillSiekeiwiczJokersketchc.jpg[/img]

Wow! Great stuff! Did you happen to see Welz working on a Cherry Poptart as Black Widow?

John Searls and I had dinner with Larry and his wife Sharon on Saturday, they are amazing people! I saw the finished Black Widow Cherry. All I can say is WOW!!!!! You will love it! Larry is truly one of the best kept secrets with regards to convention sketches. He doesn't attend many conventions, it's great that you got a sketch from him! .

Wow! Great stuff! Did you happen to see Welz working on a Cherry Poptart as Black Widow?

John Searls and I had dinner with Larry and his wife Sharon on Saturday, they are amazing people! I saw the finished Black Widow Cherry. All I can say is WOW!!!!! You will love it! Larry is truly one of the best kept secrets with regards to convention sketches. He doesn't attend many conventions, it's great that you got a sketch from him! .

You just made my day :foryou: thanks! I still haven't seen it but I know it's suppose to be fasttracked and on the way!

You just made my day :foryou: thanks! I still haven't seen it but I know it's suppose to be fasttracked and on the way!

Be sure to post a pic of the book when it arrives from CGC. It is one of the coolest Black Widow sketches I have ever seen!