• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comix in las vegas

9 posts in this topic

I'm

In town for the WSOP. What are the best shops in Vegas? I'm into mostly moderns and indies but also a few old underground books.

Thanks. I'll hang up and listen.

I visited Comic Oasis recently. Nice shop. I didn't buy anything old, but they've got good back issues. I want to say their pricing was a little high. not a ton of high priced stuff but an ok selection

In January, I visited a pretty nice shop about a mile east of the strip off of Shahara. I forget the name, but it was in the Commercial Center- a huge mall full of empty stores, bars and Korean eateries. The shop is all the way in the back and is on the second floor. Its eay to miss but had a ton of modern stuff. Guy working the day I went was very nice and helpful, but wasn't the owner.

Comic Oasis is very nice, but you need a car unless you want to lay out $100 for a roundtrip cab ride.

If you are in town for the WS, I imagine you are staying at The Rio, so without a car you are pretty much out of luck. No shops within walking distance.

Just to clarify something from the other threads, I'm talking about a new shop in the Commercial Center. There was another one in the mall that closed awhile back, noew there is another in the other end of the mall.

Comic Oasis is great i have been there a few times. Action sports is in Henderson really nice staff, its one of my variant stops.

Maximum Comics in Henderson is my home shop, a big selection of moderns and they have a huge wood case with about 75 pull out drawers full of back issues.

I say if you have time try them all. All these shops have their own specialty.

Oh yeah forgot about Alternate Reality Comics on Maryland Parkway. Ralph is a good guy. This shop reminds me of a small mom and pop shop, just really clean. They have allot of Indie stuff.

Thanks for your comments and suggestions. I found comics oasis and alternate reality to be the best shops I visited.

Oh, and I cashed in event #31, my first cash in three attempts so it was a thrill.

Viva Las Vegas baby.