• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are These Moderns Worth Submitting to CGC?

8 posts in this topic

Hi, just looking for some opinions here. I just went through all of my raw "modern" books (some may be considered Copper age), and found a few that I think are worth submitting to CGC. I would say they are all potential 9.4 to 9.8 copies. Are any of these worth submitting, or are any of them not really worth submitting? Thanks!

moderncgcworthy.jpg

Define "worth"

What I mean is would it be worthwhile to submit these books? I would consider it worthwhile if the value of the books after being graded is at least 1.5 times to 2 times or more than the cost to grade them (including shipping and insurance, etc). Also, for example, I would not consider it worthwhile to spend say $25 total to slab a book that is valued at less than $25.

In your opinion, would you have these books slabbed?

Thanks.

Then I would suggest submitting all 6. You may have trouble selling the last 2 but here is the order to submit them if you do not do all 6.

Xmen

Deadpool

GI Joe

Transformers

Wolverine

Punisher

You'll need them in 9.8 though for the last 3 and definitely for the last 2.