• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's A Better Investment?

71 posts in this topic

No food allergies at all.

Used to have seasonal-type allergies when I was much younger. But, they kinda just disappeared as I got older.

The reason I ask is because of Oral Allergy Syndrome(OAS). No, not what your wife accuses you of having in the bedroom, but rather an crossover allergy that occurs due to the body's immune system being in overdrive.

I have severe allergies, grass, pollen, etc. When the season was changing and the cars were covered in green pollen, I was at my worst. I ate an apple and my throat closed. An Epi Pen later, I was diagnosed as having OAS.

Do a full on body cleanse. You may lessen or even get rid of the symptoms entirely.

Remove the burden on the immune system and it begins to regulate itself.

As many have alluded to already it depends on how risk averse you are. I would believe that gold has the least risk to it. AF15 has more upside, but more downside. Plus the commissions on selling gold are much lower than the commissions on selling AF15's. Honestly I would never "invest" in an AF15. I put all my investments in SPDR's. Very low risk, very low commissions.

i've never seen AF 15 go down. gold goes up and down and was recently at a high. i say go with the constant winner.

The most noted sale of an AF15 was that 9.6 that sold for 1 million dollars. Since that sale two more 9.6 copies have been "dug out of the ground" hm . Do you think that if that a 9.6 AF15 would break 1 mil today? Want to give it a shot as to what that great investment is worth? Hear it a hint, - $x00,000

that's one guy's book. and i'm not saying buy a 9.6. but in comparison to gold http://www.goldprice.org/ , do you look at people who bought at near 1,900 and say "suckaaa" now that it's at 1,625? economic downturns are gold's friends. before around 2008 gold had never been over 1,000. as much as housing prices crashed due to a housing bubble, i feel that gold prices have the potential to crash due to a gold bubble.

one guy overpaying for super-high-grade book doesn't negate the fact that the overall price trend for AF15 is up. as soon as the world economy eventually gets better, there's a real chance that gold will lose 35%+ of its value by returning to the pre-2008 price. other than that one 9.6, do you think an AF 15 will go down that much on a recovery... or continue upwards as always?

As many have alluded to already it depends on how risk averse you are. I would believe that gold has the least risk to it. AF15 has more upside, but more downside. Plus the commissions on selling gold are much lower than the commissions on selling AF15's. Honestly I would never "invest" in an AF15. I put all my investments in SPDR's. Very low risk, very low commissions.

i've never seen AF 15 go down. gold goes up and down and was recently at a high. i say go with the constant winner.

The most noted sale of an AF15 was that 9.6 that sold for 1 million dollars. Since that sale two more 9.6 copies have been "dug out of the ground" hm . Do you think that if that a 9.6 AF15 would break 1 mil today? Want to give it a shot as to what that great investment is worth? Hear it a hint, - $x00,000

that's one guy's book. and i'm not saying buy a 9.6. but in comparison to gold http://www.goldprice.org/ , do you look at people who bought at near 1,900 and say "suckaaa" now that it's at 1,625? economic downturns are gold's friends. before around 2008 gold had never been over 1,000. as much as housing prices crashed due to a housing bubble, i feel that gold prices have the potential to crash due to a gold bubble.

one guy overpaying for super-high-grade book doesn't negate the fact that the overall price trend for AF15 is up. as soon as the world economy eventually gets better, there's a real chance that gold will lose 35%+ of its value by returning to the pre-2008 price. other than that one 9.6, do you think an AF 15 will go down that much on a recovery... or continue upwards as always?

I was only pointing out that AF15 investing can be a disaster as in the case of the 9.6 population tripling. Anyways the OP asks a question, its gray, because there are forms of gold that are hardly affected by fluxuations or substantial drops in spot. Rare gold coins NGC graded US coins at equal value to any AF15 would fair well on the scale. Signed jewelry can also fetch multiples of spot. Thats why I say gray because when I think of investment, I am thinking about making an initial pruchase and I am not planning to have to access that capital. Ups and downs are irrelevant until you sell. The OP doesnt quite state that the form of gold in question can only be bullion, broken 14k chains, or rare US coins. I guess it comes down to what you like with investing. Myself its Hulk #1 all the way. Better than them both

I was only pointing out that AF15 investing can be a disaster as in the case of the 9.6 population tripling. Anyways the OP asks a question, its gray, because there are forms of gold that are hardly affected by fluxuations or substantial drops in spot. Rare gold coins NGC graded US coins at equal value to any AF15 would fair well on the scale. Signed jewelry can also fetch multiples of spot. Thats why I say gray because when I think of investment, I am thinking about making an initial pruchase and I am not planning to have to access that capital. Ups and downs are irrelevant until you sell. The OP doesnt quite state that the form of gold in question can only be bullion, broken 14k chains, or rare US coins. I guess it comes down to what you like with investing. Myself its Hulk #1 all the way. Better than them both

yeah. gold coins would be a good way to go. find the sweet spot where they can go up if the price of gold goes up, but have enough value as a nice coin that they won't go down too much if gold drops. hulk good too. ;)

No food allergies at all.

Used to have seasonal-type allergies when I was much younger. But, they kinda just disappeared as I got older.

The reason I ask is because of Oral Allergy Syndrome(OAS). No, not what your wife accuses you of having in the bedroom, but rather an crossover allergy that occurs due to the body's immune system being in overdrive.

I have severe allergies, grass, pollen, etc. When the season was changing and the cars were covered in green pollen, I was at my worst. I ate an apple and my throat closed. An Epi Pen later, I was diagnosed as having OAS.

So you are saying send me bags of ragweed for New Years hm

Perhaps I can craft a comic entirely out of pollen...Daredevil did have a yellow costume :juggle:

Everything has a monetary value based on demand.

If someone finds out apples are poisonous, apples become worthless.

If an alternative energy source overtakes oil, oil becomes worthless.

Because they are both in demand they current have strong monetary values.

You're talking about something different. ;)

This makes me sad. Over the past 5-6 years, I've developed an allergy to apples. I literally cannot eat them anymore. Although, luckily, I can still eat them if they are cooked (like an apple pie). :(

Really? I'd never heard of that before. What part of the apple are you allergic to?

EDIT: I just read this. Is this what you're talking about?

:o

Holy mess! That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Although one thing I will add is that it has also happened to me when I've eaten dried apple crisps, and not just raw apples. Fuji apples are the worst culprit and the first time it ever happened to me. But, then it happened with Romes. Then Golden Delicious.

I don't even bother trying any other types at this point.

Crazy, I have a similar problem with apples, though I've had it since I was a kid. But it's only when I eat raw apples, and my throat has never really swelled but my mouth gets really itchy.

No problem with baked apples.

Everything has a monetary value based on demand.

If someone finds out apples are poisonous, apples become worthless.

If an alternative energy source overtakes oil, oil becomes worthless.

Because they are both in demand they current have strong monetary values.

You're talking about something different. ;)

This makes me sad. Over the past 5-6 years, I've developed an allergy to apples. I literally cannot eat them anymore. Although, luckily, I can still eat them if they are cooked (like an apple pie). :(

Really? I'd never heard of that before. What part of the apple are you allergic to?

EDIT: I just read this. Is this what you're talking about?

:o

Holy mess! That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Although one thing I will add is that it has also happened to me when I've eaten dried apple crisps, and not just raw apples. Fuji apples are the worst culprit and the first time it ever happened to me. But, then it happened with Romes. Then Golden Delicious.

I don't even bother trying any other types at this point.

Crazy, I have a similar problem with apples, though I've had it since I was a kid. But it's only when I eat raw apples, and my throat has never really swelled but my mouth gets really itchy.

No problem with baked apples.

My mouth starts burning and then for a day or two I almost have what I'd call "pizza burn" on my tongue and roof of my mouth. The scariest part though was my throat closing up.