• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's A Better Investment?

71 posts in this topic

The way it's been lately, I'd have to go with AF15.

That thing is on freaking fire in all grades and seems to have no ceiling. I've seen some truly fugly copies sell within an hour of being posted for VERY good prices. I don't know about all grades but I know the two grades I was interested in (4.0 and 7.0) are both going for like 50% higherv and more than they were just about 18 months ago :o

Precious metals or copies of Amazing Fantasy #15? (shrug)

One is a hedge and one is a collectible.

Both are bling.

Both are bling.

One is liquid anywhere in the world. One isn't.

Both are bling.

Yep! That's why I would choose gold.

Both are bling.

Yep! That's why I would choose gold.

Ohhh, when you said precious metal I thought you meant my Stryper album collection.

Precious metals are something you buy when you're pessimistic and worried about the value of your paper currency. If things get that bad then AF 15s will be used to light the fire in your fireplace on cold nights when you don't have any oil and/or electricity.

AF 15s are something you buy when you are optimistic about the future and believe that people will continue to have money to spend on collectibles.

Both only have value because there are people crazy enough to think they have value.

Not too many people have to die and the earth doesn't have to be despoiled while mining copies of AF15 so stick with that.

Both are bling.

Or is it? hm

I stand by my statement.

Both only have value because there are people crazy enough to think they have value.

Not too many people have to die and the earth doesn't have to be despoiled while mining copies of AF15 so stick with that.

Uh oh.

hm What about the trees it takes to make comics?

Absolutely true.

Absolutely true.

That is true about everything, though.

People put a monetary value on everything and the more people that agree, the more monetarily valuable something becomes.

Well, it's actually healthy for the environment to cut some trees down.

The trees it took to make AF #15 have likely been reforested and grown back by now.