• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PRETTY MARVELS for 6/19/04

21 posts in this topic

ok, this'll be the last post of books from me for a while - don't want to hog the spotlight.

these four TTA's just came back this week from sarasota. i bought them off-the-rack in late 1963/early 1964.

TTA # 50 - 9.2- OW/W

TTA # 51 - 9.4 - White

TTA # 53 - 9.4 - OW/W

TTA # 54 - 9.2 - OW/W

1087241092744_TTA_s.jpg

1088586643815_TTA_s_001.jpg

1089352599539_TTA_s_002.jpg

1087579773656_TTA_s_003.jpg

Burntboy - I just can't tell you how much I am enjoying seeing these books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is what collecting High Grade is all about. The way those covers come to life in these grades is just incredible.

BTW, whatever happened to.......The Porcupine ???insane.gif893whatthe.gif

Burntboy - I just can't tell you how much I am enjoying seeing these books. 893applaud-thumb.gif

This is what collecting High Grade is all about. The way those covers come to life in these grades is just incredible.

BTW, whatever happened to.......The Porcupine ???insane.gif893whatthe.gif

thanks for the compliments on the books.

as for the Porcupine, he turned up as roadkill on a back road in Maine grin.gif

Very nice. The white backround on #50 looks phenomenal. Most white covers that age look kind of dingy and transparent, even in high grades.

Wow! Beautiful books! What in the world did the #50 get dinged for, it looks immaculate! The whites of the covers look great, your dresser drawer must have been located in ideal temperatures/humidity!

-Tim

Wow! Beautiful books! What in the world did the #50 get dinged for, it looks immaculate! The whites of the covers look great, your dresser drawer must have been located in ideal temperatures/humidity!

-Tim

That's what I was wondering. It looks so crisp and clean that you'd think you were looking at one of Hammer's scans.

-Tim

That's what I was wondering. It looks so crisp and clean that you'd think you were looking at one of Hammer's scans.

893naughty-thumb.gif

-Tim

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

the range of grades on my books is pretty significant. almost everything would grade out 6.0 or better, but i've got some beasts as well. when i get books back graded at 9.4 (like the ST's and TTA's) i'm always amazed that about a third of the books stayed in HG (8.5 - 9.4) over those 40 years.

if i had kept the books nicely bagged and boarded for those first 20 years, i would have a pedigree collection on my hands. frown.gif

if i had kept the books nicely bagged and boarded for those first 20 years, i would have a pedigree collection on my hands. frown.gif

Since you bought the Spidey 1 and AF15 from Hammer, does that mean you missed those issues off the stands, or were you just trying to upgrade copies you already had?