• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC-Certified Atlas Journey Into Mystery & Strange Tales

19 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]CGC-Certified Atlas Journey Into Mystery & Strange Tales[/font]

Hi, all. Thanks for stopping by! :headbang:

This week, by popular demand, I’m offering few CGC-certified gems from my personal collection. All books will be shipped via fully-insured USPS Priority Mail with either delivery or signature confirmation. The exact cost of shipping will be added to your order. Bullet-proof packaging guaranteed! Payment may be by PayPal, Cashier’s Check, business/personal check (if we’ve done business in the past), or USPS Money Order. Payment must be received within seven calendar days of being invoiced (unless other arrangements have been agreed to via PM). Items will ship within three business days of your payment. International buyers are welcomed. Miscreants, wankers, and folks currently on probation are not.

Post the :takeit: within the selling thread to claim your prize.

The Petaluma Collection: An original owner collection that came out of Petaluma, CA (once known as "The Egg Capital of the World”) in the mid-1990s. The collection included all manner of Atlas and DC fantasy/horror titles from the mid-1950s -- perhaps the very toughest period for the mid/high-grade collector. The books are characterized by bright cover inks and fresh pages. Unfortunately, they were stored in a barn/hen-house, and some of the books have light moisture staining to one/two corners/edges of the back cover. As a result, most of the books fall into the VG/FN to VF/NM range. Very pretty books though, if you can get past the back cover tide lines and occasional rodent chew.

Journey Into Mystery #22 (Feb 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 7.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #3. Price = $540.

JIM22-70-Pet.jpg th_JIM22-70-Petb.jpg th_JIM22.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #23 (Mar 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 8.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #3. Price = $540. SOLD – Thank You!

JIM23-80-Pet.jpg th_JIM23-80-Petb.jpg th_JIM23.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #26 (Sep 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 5.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #5. Price = $160. SOLD – Thank You!

JIM26-50-Pet.jpg th_JIM26-50-Petb.jpg th_JIM26.jpg

Journey Into Mystery #28 (Nov 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 6.0 white. Census Rank = #8. Price = $220. SOLD – Thank You!

JIM28-60-Pet.jpg th_JIM28-60-Petb.jpg th_JIM28.jpg

Strange Tales #7 (Jun 1952, Aurora Pedigree). CGC Grade = 5.5 ow. Census Rank = #8. Price = $320.

Purchased from Executive Collectibles Gallery during their auction-based initial release of the Aurora Collection in 1996.

023.jpg th_024.jpg th_ST007-AU.jpg

Strange Tales #41 (Dec 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 7.0 white. Census Rank = #2. Price = $360. SOLD – Thank You!

ST41-70-Pet.jpg th_ST41-70-Petb.jpg th_ST41.jpg

Strange Tales #42 (Jan 1956, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 5.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #2. Price = $180.

ST42-50-Pet.jpg th_ST42-50-Petb.jpg th_ST42.jpg

:acclaim::acclaim::acclaim:

Zzutak,

Amazing books. :headbang: Will there be pre-hero (I think of those as starting around JIM 50, etc) marvel issues or straight atlas only?

Amazing books. :headbang: Will there be pre-hero (I think of those as starting around JIM 50, etc) marvel issues or straight atlas only?

Unfortunately, this particular sale thread will include only the seven books already listed. But look for a much, much bigger selection a bit later this summer. :cloud9:

Journey Into Mystery #28 (Nov 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 6.0 white. Census Rank = #8. Price = $220. :takeit:

Nice! An ultra-bright red cover and snow white pages. What's not to love? (shrug) Many thanks, Bob! (thumbs u (thumbs u

Journey Into Mystery #28 (Nov 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 6.0 white. Census Rank = #8. Price = $220. :takeit:

Nice! An ultra-bright red cover and snow white pages. What's not to love? (shrug) Many thanks, Bob! (thumbs u (thumbs u

That Back Cover scan looks so white, a really fresh looking book. I can't wait to have it in hand. It looks like these books were recently graded. From what I can ascertain CGC did a nice job on the grading. This book looks like a tightly graded 6.0.

Nice books. :applause:

Thanks, Kev! :hi:

That Back Cover scan looks so white, a really fresh looking book. I can't wait to have it in hand. It looks like these books were recently graded. From what I can ascertain CGC did a nice job on the grading. This book looks like a tightly graded 6.0.

For sure. The JIM #28 is a really attractive FN/FN+, and the ST #42 (from the front, at least) is the prettiest VG/FN I've ever seen. I knew the ST would get hammered for the non-penetrating egg yolk stain within the left-hand margin of the back cover, but I'm strictly an "in for a penny, in for a pound" kind of guy. For me at least, the stain has always been a somewhat humorous reminder of where this collection was stored.

Strange Tales #41 (Dec 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 7.0 white. Census Rank = #2. Price = $360. :takeit:

Sold via PM. A perfect cut, a perfect wrap, fresh cover inks, white pages :blahblah: In short, a truly beautiful specimen. Many thanks! :headbang:(worship)

Journey Into Mystery #23 (Mar 1955, Petaluma Collection). CGC Grade = 8.0 ow-wh. Census Rank = #3. Price = $540. :takeit:

Sold via PM. I'm pleased to see it being adopted into a very, very good home. Many thanks! :acclaim::acclaim: