• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Fabulous' Comic/Covers for Northstar Wedding Sale

21 posts in this topic

My friend works at a comic store in a very 'Fabulous' part of town with many 'Fabulous' customers. He is trying to put together a special display and possibly a special sale in honor of the Northstar Wedding Issue.

He asked me to ask on these boards for suggestions for comics/covers that may appeal to a customer base with a more alternative lifestyle, preferably mainstream comics like Marvel and DC and Image.

I know this is a potentially controversial topic, and I don't mean it to be anything other than a place to get some ideas and suggestions, and I know a lot of the population here is not necessarily in that demographic, but I also know people here are experts and have extensive knowledge of story lines and covers.

So more specifically what we have so far as examples of what we're looking for:

FABULOUS COVERS: Uncanny X-Men 130 with a FABULOUS Dazzler Cover. Glamorous covers with lights and fashion and glitz and style.

Introductions: Walking Dead #68 - First gay character in the Walking Dead Universe. First appearances of characters.

Key Reveals: Like whatever issue we find out Ultimate Colussus comes out. Outtings!

Funny suggestive poses covers: Have some fun with this one, where characters are too close or wearing interesting outfits. For some reason Liefeld art comes to mind.

Northstar Covers: He's the man of the hour, so covers that have him.

Well you get the point, we're looking for more serious stuff and fun stuff, not for an argument.

Suggestions are welcome, its ok to not be too serious with things but please don't be too mean or graphic.

Thanks. I know this thread isn't for everyone, so if its not for you, feel free to ignore it.

Also another note: DO NOT SUGGEST WONDER WOMAN. I know this will sound stereotypical, but honestly, the store is already loaded with it and they sell a bunch of it at high markup like for real. And sells WELL. For real.

:acclaim:

treasure8.jpg

I don't imagine this is in the inventory, but we'll put it on the list as this is exactly what we're looking for. thanks!!!

treasure8.jpg

I don't imagine this is in the inventory, but we'll put it on the list as this is exactly what we're looking for. thanks!!!

I can loan it to you if you like. But it's so cheap I'd hate to sell it. It's more fun then the lunch money it would bring.

rifleman10.jpg

while awesome and hilarious, this is not appropriate. haha.

BTW, good luck with the display and the sale. I think that's a great idea. Would love to see some photos when it is all set up.

treasure8.jpg

I can loan it to you if you like. But it's so cheap I'd hate to sell it. It's more fun then the lunch money it would bring.

thanks, i don't think they're looking to 'buy' or 'borrow' for this, just looking for old (or new) comics that may be in the vast inventory of the owner(s) to try to sell some stuff that maybe has been stagnant for awhile.

Although they may print out some scans and give them away as flyers or something. Or make decorations.

I wish I could find a scan of it, but Henry #57 would also be a good one.

These are all amazing, but we're really looking looking for things that are more silver bronze or modern. Though please keep posting these as they are entertaining. THis is supposed to be fun, but I think their main goal is to find ways to move product (preferably product that is just sitting in their warehouse/storage, which to my knowledge (although we'll make suggestions) does not have golden age.

Keep the ideas coming, but Marvel DC and Image is their likely focus.

Tec 241

Definitely!!

Rainbow Batman anyone?

Photobucket

dude i hope so badly that they have multiples of this.

THanks