• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Oh, and he said the 'DC sketch offer' was off the table, mostly due to the fact that some of us were 'acting like children' because he has a life out side these boards.

That about right John?

Wow - it's assumed that all offers are world-wide.

If the claimant wishes to chip in - great.

If not - thats what it is.

If that quote is attributed to you John - and I believe Hado, take a good look at why you are in this thread mate.

Its for fun, however certain rules are there for a reason, like posting your offer promptly.

No need to be a bit of a prima-donna mate.

Oh, and he said the 'DC sketch offer' was off the table, mostly due to the fact that some of us were 'acting like children' because he has a life out side these boards.

That about right John?

When did he say that? I can't see it. Seems like a good offer to me too.

I didn't insult anyone. I think he is just pissed because I won't outside the US. Forgot to include that in the original post and added a few minutes later.

Sure, that's it.

How does one end up on the H.O.S anyways?

Seems like you're the one crying about it.

That about right Hado?

;) you're a good wingman, I'll give you that.

no shipping to Canada even? aren't we considered to be the 51st state?

From my experience, you never want to force a person to ship something somewhere they don't want to ship or don't want to pay to ship properly. That's how you end up with a book inside an envelope with nothing but a backing board to protect it as it travels thousands of miles as it slowly transforms from comic book into accordion.

It's better, in a thread like this, that people suck it up and ship anywhere (and the person who claimed the item agree to do the same) or they don't participate. Excluding people is the fastest way to turn a "feel good" thread into a "feel bad" thread.

From my experience, you never want to force a person to ship something somewhere they don't want to ship or don't want to pay to ship properly. That's how you end up with a book inside an envelope with nothing but a backing board to protect it as it travels thousands of miles as it slowly transforms from comic book into accordion.

It's better, in a thread like this, that people suck it up and ship anywhere (and the person who claimed the item agree to do the same) or they don't participate. Excluding people is the fastest way to turn a "feel good" thread into a "feel bad" thread.

Not speaking for the OP but I'm pretty sure what this thread has become isn't exactly what he had in mind for a Pay it Forward idea. The constant badgering of forum members to get their items up & to switch out their items if they aren't snatched up immediately.

I came in about a month ago to throw some trades on & was quickly turned off by the comments made to different posters. Early on this thread had a real random act of kindness type feel, but that's changed dramatically over the last few months.

Not speaking for the OP but I'm pretty sure what this thread has become isn't exactly what he had in mind for a Pay it Forward idea. The constant badgering of forum members to get their items up & to switch out their items if they aren't snatched up immediately.

I came in about a month ago to throw some trades on & was quickly turned off by the comments made to different posters. Early on this thread had a real random act of kindness type feel, but that's changed dramatically over the last few months.

I agree.

Some people are acting childish. The act of giving is supposed to be free and willing, not forced.

I'd say that it's not unreasonable to give someone 24 hours (or whatever it is) to throw something up - people need to take pics, load scans, dig stuff up, etc.

Let's not turn this thread into what Christmas now is for a lot of people and make it a forced charity. That's not what Pay It Forward is about.

I agree.

Some people are acting childish. The act of giving is supposed to be free and willing, not forced.

I'd say that it's not unreasonable to give someone 24 hours (or whatever it is) to throw something up - people need to take pics, load scans, dig stuff up, etc.

Let's not turn this thread into what Christmas now is for a lot of people and make it a forced charity. That's not what Pay It Forward is about.

+1

I think conversations from few pages back pressure people who have outstanding offers to modify or add to their gift items (It is a gift right?) to ensure that the thread quickly moves.

Yeah, that was my goal and why I changed up the offer a number of times in the first 24 hours.

OK, there's no shortage of CGC fans around here, let's see who has the good taste to want a nice Sergio Aragones Groo book. New offer -

groo3-96-f.jpg

Whoa! Nice gift.

:applause:(worship)