• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I was planning to offer a sketch from one of my dc clients but that wont be happening this time. Offering 3 sketch variants instead. Ill do the sketch next time around.

Oh an no I will not ship outside of the US.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Since everyone felt the need to have a 5 page conversation in this thread, I thought I would repost the current offer so that we can get back on track.

And worldwide shipping is on me.

I was planning to offer a sketch from one of my dc clients but that wont be happening this time. Offering 3 sketch variants instead. Ill do the sketch next time around.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Since everyone felt the need to have a 5 page conversation in this thread, I thought I would repost the current offer so that we can get back on track.

No it's not because I am not shipping outside of the US, do you mind butting out of my offer?

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

No it's not because I am not shipping outside of the US, do you mind butting out of my offer?

I think he was trying to make peace (shrug)

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Then he could have simply PM'ed me before offering to pay for shipping on my items and kissing up to the general public.

Also, me shipping outside the US has nothing to do with the cost of shipping. It is a personal preference and there is no rule that says my items have to be made available to everyone.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Then he could have simply PM'ed me before offering to pay for shipping on my items and kissing up to the general public.

Also, me shipping outside the US has nothing to do with the cost of shipping. It is a personal preference and there is no rule that says my items have to be made available to everyone.

No but it goes against the spirit of excluding people just because of where they live. If it's not about the cost of shipping then is it because you can't spend another 5 minutes at the post office to make another board member happy?

I don't care either way, i have a US address if i wanted anything here and you are correct in saying you "don't have to", it just would be nice to after the other guy offered to pay shipping.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

No but it goes against the spirit of excluding people just because of where they live. If it's not about the cost of shipping then is it because you can't spend another 5 minutes at the post office to make another board member happy?

I don't care either way, i have a US address if i wanted anything here and you are correct in saying you "don't have to", it just would be nice to after the other guy offered to pay shipping.

So where exactly are you quoting me say "don't have to"? Just curious since you appear to be quoting me.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

So where exactly are you quoting me say "don't have to"? Just curious since you appear to be quoting me.

"there is no rule that says my items have to be made available to everyone." translates into "you don't have to". Why are we getting into semantics?

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

"there is no rule that says my items have to be made available to everyone." translates into "you don't have to". Why are we getting into semantics?

Because you quotes me on something I never typed ;)

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Because you quotes me on something I never typed ;)

Do you hate Canadians?

:jokealert:

...Or is it???

In all seriousness, I think Hado's heart was in the right place.

I also think that shipping should be for U.S. and Canada inclusive with maybe a discounted rate for international 'I'll take it' boarders or that there is an understanding they have to pick up the shipping? Do we maybe need a rule?

Having said that, it is a nice offer. I'm sure some lucky U.S. board member will take it soon enough. ;)

Who knew there was so much action and intrigue in this thread? (shrug) I've never even looked at this thread until yesterday so obviously I'm totally equipped to offer my 2c which is: If something needs to be qualified with restrictions to be offered to a group of international players then it shouldn't be offered. Or, in other words, if you can't play by the rules of the game then don't play the game.

If anyone would like to argue this point, feel free to start a new thread about it, to which I will work hard to get locked and gather points for a different sort of game.

:whee:

I don't really think I was crapping on you for taking too long to make an offer. I did on you for being rude. My apologies.

Offering to pay for the shipping was meant to help move this offer along so we could get passed this bit of ugliness. :shrug:

Hado, As Canadians I think we should sit by and watch this thing blow over. Once this US only offer is taken the rest of us can play later...I think my next offer will only be available to boardies living in Ontario...just because...

I was under the impression that shipping worldwide was an optional part of the offer. Mostly because that was the evolution of this thread; the initial post included a rule of no international users that was later edited to allow for those who were willing to ship internationally.

Instead of bickering, why not just let the offer stand and wait until someone claims it?

I was under the impression that shipping worldwide was an optional part of the offer. Mostly because that was the evolution of this thread; the initial post included a rule of no international users that was later edited to allow for those who were willing to ship internationally.

Define International....

One Mans International is another mans national