• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I was under the impression that shipping worldwide was an optional part of the offer. Mostly because that was the evolution of this thread; the initial post included a rule of no international users that was later edited to allow for those who were willing to ship internationally.

Instead of bickering, why not just let the offer stand and wait until someone claims it?

+1

Man, I leave this thread for a day and miss all this?

International shipping is not required, but seeing as how this is a Pay it Forward thread, there is no need for negativity. Now everyone play nIce, those are the

:rulez:

Sure - but I have sent out 3 or 4 things.

I live in Australia - I play,I expect to pony up postage.

This is a feel-good thread being derailed by some noob (I have always wanted to say that - bring it guys c'mon!) over $12.

I think we were all meant to be awed by the magnificence of the offer, but Uncle Scrooge appeared and derailed it to the point that no-one will touch this.

I think Hado was just making peace.

I always took it as written that you offer - you pay the postage.

If this ain't claimed in 24 hours, lets politely ask Mighty John to step aside and someone else can offer up something.

Butthurt in a freebie thread. :facepalm:

I am not trying to defend actions by anyone in this thread, but I understand not shipping something outside the US. The custom charges sometimes are rediculous, at one point earlier in the year my Aunt tried to send a gift from Virginia, 3 weeks later the package had been returned to her address and she had to pay close to $40 in phantom charges while the package never even got to me!

I am not trying to defend actions by anyone in this thread, but I understand not shipping something outside the US. The custom charges sometimes are rediculous, at one point earlier in the year my Aunt tried to send a gift from Virginia, 3 weeks later the package had been returned to her address and she had to pay close to $40 in phantom charges while the package never even got to me!

The receiver would pay any custom charges though.

Lots of countries don't have custom charges on comics of any value.

Most don't have any custom charges on low value comics as are usually traded in this thread.

The way i see it, the only reasons not to ship international are because of the costs, the extra couple of minutes it takes to fill out a custom form or xenophobia.

Most don't have any custom charges on low value comics as are usually traded in this thread.

The way i see it, the only reasons not to ship international are because of the costs, the extra couple of minutes it takes to fill out a custom form or xenophobia.

In defense of someone, I can ship within the U.S. via my office's mailroom for free, or at a 24 hour automated PO a couple blocks away from me. To ship internationally, I have to go much further to the huge PO and wait in a chaotic line for at least 30 minutes, watching people scream and yell at each other, usually during work hours or early Saturday morning.

It's not just an extra couple minutes for everyone.

In defense of someone, I can ship within the U.S. via my office's mailroom for free, or at a 24 hour automated PO a couple blocks away from me. To ship internationally, I have to go much further to the huge PO and wait in a chaotic line for at least 30 minutes, watching people scream and yell at each other, usually during work hours or early Saturday morning.

It's not just an extra couple minutes for everyone.

Not to mention getting robbed by the Post Office... :whistle:

I was planning to offer a sketch from one of my dc clients but that wont be happening this time. Offering 3 sketch variants instead. Ill do the sketch next time around.

Oh an no I will not ship outside of the US.

IMG_0291.jpg

photo hosting sites

Sweet Sassy Molassey....

Just to put a fork in all of this...

:takeit: I am in the US (Georgia)

My offer:

Free media shipping to US

$10 shipping credit anywhere else (Canada, Portugal, Antartica) Claimer pays the difference.

10 pack of DC Trades/Prestige TPBs

Pt 1: Adam Strange 3 parter by Kubert

3Xr6c.jpg

Pt 2: Batman Elseworlds

Zf2CG.jpg

Pt 3: Randomness and a Vertigo Morrison!

xuC2b.jpg

Pt 4: Full TPB of The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told

M62RV.jpg

My offer:

Free media shipping to US

$10 shipping credit anywhere else (Canada, Portugal, Antartica) Claimer pays the difference.

10 pack of DC Trades/Prestige TPBs

Pt 1: Adam Strange 3 parter by Kubert

3Xr6c.jpg

Pt 2: Batman Elseworlds

Zf2CG.jpg

Pt 3: Randomness and a Vertigo Morrison!

xuC2b.jpg

Pt 4: Full TPB of The Greatest Joker Stories Ever Told

M62RV.jpg

One heck of an offer!!! (thumbs u