• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Tell you what - I am going to withdraw my offer.

I take books I don't want to keep to get the thread moving, then get about where I choose to post to at my expense.

MKKILLERS books are still up for grabs.

Because the postage to Canada is absurd.

I won't do it on ebay so I am not doing it for free!

Hasn't the amount of people charging extra for postage to Canada given you guys a clue?

Canada is the most expensive place to ship to in the entire planet.

Maybe you guys need to talk to your politicians (shrug)

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Have you ever tried shipping a slab to Australia?

I take books I don't want to keep to get the thread moving, then get about where I choose to post to at my expense.

You call that "getting "? Just looked like people were asking some questions about your policy and/or offering some suggestions. Did you have a bad day or something? ???

Sorry, but you shouldn't have taken books you didn't want. :foryou:

And that "" was attempts at negotiations.

Because the postage to Canada is absurd.

I won't do it on ebay so I am not doing it for free!

Hasn't the amount of people charging extra for postage to Canada given you guys a clue?

Canada is the most expensive place to ship to in the entire planet.

Maybe you guys need to talk to your politicians (shrug)

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Have you ever tried shipping a slab to Australia?

Beige,

I HONESTLY was not trying to cause a mess storm.

As a Canadian, I just found it weird that you would basically ship EVERYWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD but not to Canada.

Is it really cheaper to ship to a completely different continent that it is within North America? I know rates increased for USA international shipments, but nothing that has given me pause when buying from the U.S.A - I just found it very surprising is all.

Also, let's NOT make this political. As far as I know, our politicians have NO bearing on what YOUR postal service charges. I believe it has more to do with your own politicians and the fact that the USPS losing millions of dollars daily.

Examples:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/federal-eye/wp/2013/04/17/usps-losing-25-million-daily-with-broken-business-model/

http://money.msn.com/now/post.aspx?post=bf0c9f4f-fa9b-4845-9906-5691b733d880

Now if you are talking about FedEx or some other service, well, they can be expensive no matter where you are and where you are shipping to.

Happy 4th of July eh!

I predict this will result in memes

:foryou:

Not having a go at anyone personally, but here are the facts, via Australia post

And there is no politics here! ok mods!!

I cannot track or insure ANY parcel to Canada from Australia. That is at the behest of your Postal service not mine.

It is upto $25 more to ship the same item to Canada than it is to USA.

I don't know what else to tell you guys.

I like Canada, but its just a really expensive place to ship to.

And I certainly won't ship anything of value to a country where I cannot track or insure it.

I'm sure you wouldn't ship me a Walking Dead #1 (if the same rules applied) and just accept my word that I didn't get it.

And then have no tracking to prove you did :cry:

That's why I (and I am not alone here) won't post to Canada.

Sorry guys - its just easier to have a blanket - no posting rule.

Sorry, I may have got my facts wrong - do you live in Australia? I was basing my information on US shipping standards. I have no experience receiving books from Australia.

As far as it being Canada Post's fault that you can't track, I find that hard to believe.

Yes I'm in Australia.

This happened around April 20th this year, and I only found out when I was actually at my local post office that it was impossible to track parcels to Canada.

That could be tracked to the Australia sort facility, but from then - nada.

The nice lady tried all ways - but the computer would not allow her to do international tracking or insurance to Canada.

I have no idea why, but I can assure you I have far better things to do that make up rubbish about non-existant shipping problems. :foryou:

Yes I'm in Australia.

This happened around April 20th this year, and I only found out when I was actually at my local post office that it was impossible to track parcels to Canada.

The nice lady tried all ways - but the computer would not allow her to do international tracking or insurance to Canada.

I have no idea why, but I can assure you I have far better things to do that make up rubbish about non-existant shipping problems. :foryou:

Apologies dude I assumed US was your location. My bad. :tonofbricks:

That is so weird though, when I ship from Canada to Australia, I can track it there...Again, apologies.

Yes I'm in Australia.

Apologies dude I assumed US was your location. My bad. :tonofbricks:

That is so weird though, when I ship from Canada to Australia, I can track it there...Again, apologies.

Accepted - :foryou: all good with me my friend. (thumbs u

I still don't understand why exactly Beige won't even give someone the option of paying for the shipping themselves if they want to claim the item. I understand your no shipping to Canda policy regarding ebay/selling stuff but in the case I don't really see the point. Maybe I'm missing something? (shrug)

Accepted - :foryou: all good with me my friend. (thumbs u

Beige, maybe it‘s an issue with the choices of your own postal service?

I know each country may differentiate, but it’s the country from where you ship which does, not the destination one.

Shipping from Italy to USA or Canada costs the same.

Also, I don’t see why you couldn’t simply do as tech suggested: offer whatever shipping backup you are comfortable with and then the taker will pay the difference, whenever he lives. :)

I'd hit that offer, but I have nothing to give away in return - at least that people would want.

-slym

I think this is wrong. You shouldn’t assume no one would want your books because they did not buy them cheap. The PIF thread has another logic… :foryou: