• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

Okay, folks! Please choose up to 2 options/lots!

BATMAN READER LOT:

Batman 294 (G+) ~~~~~ Batman 297 (VG+) ~~~~~ Batman 497 - Standard Edition 1st Print (NM)

bmjoker.jpgbm297.jpgbmkf.jpg

CAPTAIN MARVEL READER LOT: (all in rough shape)

Captain Marvel 4 ~~~~~ Captain Marvel 32 (marvel stamp cut out) ~~~~~ Captain Marvel 37

cm4.jpgcm32.jpgcm37.jpg

FIRST APPEARANCE LOT:

ASM 143 (FINE) First app of The Cyclone! ~~~~~ Daredevil 124 (VG+) First app of Copperhead! ~~~~~ Daredevil 126 (VG/F) First app of The Torpedo!

smcyclone.jpgddcopper.jpgddtorpedo.jpg

MISC. LOT:

Lois Lane 88 (VG/F) ~~~~~ Marvel Premiere 3 (G/VG) ~~~~~ Supergirl 1 (FINE, only because of some staining on bc)

lane.jpgmp3.jpgsg.jpg

(Shipping within US only, so sorry!)

Gotta go to bed now. See you guys tomorrow. :)

I'd love to take the 'first apprearance' lot... But I don't have 50 posts, AND I live in Canada. I can wait for the 50 posts (heck with useless posts like this one, I'll be at 50 in no time!), but lets say I want to accept this 'first appearance' lot, could I pay the extra shipping costs? Hypothetically speaking of course, because I just know I am going to REALLY want to play this pay it forward game sooner or later. And really how much of a financial commitment am I making to ship 3 comics internationally?

The person who offers the item will usually ship it priority or up to $11-15 since that is how much priority is with in the states.

You as the buyer have to pay the difference.

That is typical for PiF from what I have seen.

I doubt anyone ships regular and I hope they do not start doing that because they want to save every dollar. Priority is the only way to go.

So I would say that its $11-15 out of your pocket if you offer books, and around the same if you take books.

I'd love to take the 'first apprearance' lot... But I don't have 50 posts, AND I live in Canada. I can wait for the 50 posts (heck with useless posts like this one, I'll be at 50 in no time!), but lets say I want to accept this 'first appearance' lot, could I pay the extra shipping costs? Hypothetically speaking of course, because I just know I am going to REALLY want to play this pay it forward game sooner or later. And really how much of a financial commitment am I making to ship 3 comics internationally?

Just throw some emoticon replies around at the threads and you'll be at 50 in no time. Although stanley1883 already claimed the offer you are referring to. As far as your shipping charges to/from Canada, keep in mind that there are board members from all over the world here, so your costs will vary alot. Always best to establish the other persons location BEFORE you dive in!

WTTBs!

I received both of my previous "I'll take its" on the same day yesterday.

Thanks to both rayjay77 and Crimebuster!!!

(worship)

-slym

np bud, glad it got to you ok.. quick question. can this count to my kudos thread? lol its bare..

Hi Bathed, welcome to the boards! :hi:

stanley1883 already claimed the last PIF (see previous page), but as a general rule it is up to the offerer to state his/her shipping rules:

– Most of the boardies generally offer what they would pay for continental shipping (be that in US or in Europe) and then you have to add the difference if you are on the other side of the pond, but some are very gracious and ship everywhere;

– If you picked a previous offer offering free shipping everywhere it is gracious to do the same with yours: to avoid stellar shipping costs I generally try to offer items that are light in weight but more interesting in terms of content/value/stories etc.

– There are some boardies which would not allow certain forms of shipping outside their territory (i.e. once I claimed a PIF and was willing to pay the difference for First Class to Europe but seller preferred to avoid going to the Post Office, and would have shipped Priority only, so I managed to have it shipped to an US friend).

Hope this helps! (thumbs u

:takeit:

Misc. Lot

If i have to choose 2, Batman reader as well. Thanks!!! My offers will be posted tomorrow.

^^ PM sent!

And I'd like say sorry to BathedinFlames and others that I can't ship outside the US. Money is TIGHT for me right now as I'm out of a job. :facepalm:

But once I can find a job I promise you'll see me here more often and I will be much more generous with shipping!

Again, I'm very sorry.

Thanks MrDeafComics, that's exactly the info I was looking for!

I've got tons of goodies that I would love to expose people to, I can't wait to hop into the game!

Indrid Cold, I will get on the near spamming level of emoticon placement that you are referring to, immediately!

And thanks for the extra details Vaillant! All of the 'rules' seem easy enough: simple courtesy, and common sense. I like it!