• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

stanley? BIF? Where are these people? Do they have lives on the weekend or something??

(shrug):sumo:(:

lol

It‘s already time to go to bed and to start the new working week here… :)

What, almost midnight for you? Later?

-slym

I know, vaillant, we both agreed on it, but I still feel rotten...

:(

-slym

Don’t be silly: I specifically requested that to spend as little as possible. And the "damage" was perfectly acceptable for VF copies of $1-2 books… :)

It‘s 11.10 PM here, I really should get the habit to go to bed a bit earlier as I usually stay up until midnight or 1.00 AM. :(

Perhaps we should make it an unofficial rule that if you want to claim an item but don't meet the criteria set forth by the sender don't put :takeit: unless you already made contact with them and got the ok. I say that only because the thread is now stalled and a bit off track. :baiting:

Perhaps we should make it an unofficial rule that if you want to claim an item but don't meet the criteria set forth by the sender don't put :takeit: unless you already made contact with them and got the ok. I say that only because the thread is now stalled and a bit off track. :baiting:

Huh? It‘s not stalled at all. He just has to check the postage costs, which he would have had to do eventually for any non-US takers to get a quote.

And as I said, the criteria as specified by the donor (not seller ;) ) was not exaggeratedly clear. I still think it’s much more handy to have the :takeit: and then discuss the details.

Ah...I see! Woops, my fault, I must have misunderstood the process. I was thinking along the lines (and this does not apply to this case) that if someone said, "I will cover the first $15 of shipping for international" then the person claiming would put up the sign then list the next item and the two would arrange the details between them. I wasn't aware they would wait to get shipping quotes before listing the next item. That makes sense though in case it was too high. I know the facts are different in this case. :)

Understood, but I think I like this one better. Thanks everyone.

Im gonna go to the post office for the quote, assuming its not ridiculous, it's a go.

I guess "US only please" is not specific enough though? So i'm looking for what would be better? How specific does one have to get?

no foreigners

No Non Americans...

If you're not an American your a terrorist...I don't ship to terrorists.

I don't find this funny even in the slightest. (tsk)

Im gonna go to the post office for the quote, assuming its not ridiculous, it's a go.

I guess "US only please" is not specific enough though? So i'm looking for what would be better? How specific does one have to get?

no foreigners

No Non Americans...

If you're not an American your a terrorist...I don't ship to terrorists.

Which quote?

no foreigners, eh

No Non Americans..., eh

If you're not an American your a terrorist...I don't ship to terrorists., eh

Poutine

Fixed it. (Thumbs u

I don’t even know who that guy is… :D

He's a comedian who has a fake news show where he pretends to be a right wing pundit. He then lampoons both the right wing and television pundits by exaggerating the worst / most ridiculous aspects of both. The whole thing is satire. And like all good satire, there's always a real message behind the jokes.

Stephen Colbert also happens to be a real, authentic geek like us. He was very into comic books and role playing games when he was in high school and college and often quotes sections of Tolkien from memory on his show. He has Captain America's shield on the wall behind his desk on his TV show, which was presented to him by Joe Quesada.

colbert.jpg

tumblr_ma5v5jxhAy1qmglj2.png

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/83567/march-12-2007/sign-off---captain-america-shield

Putting beforehand that left-wing and right-wing politics are pretty much totally different things in the various countries/cultures, I usually don’t like that kind of satire.

Plus, if Quesada has something to do with it, it really must be BAD. :D