• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

As always, regardless of the option claimed, a new toy will be donated to Akron Children's Hospital or another good cause of your choosing if you should have one in mind.

Will send worldwide (aside from the donation, unless you wish to cover the shipping costs).

Choose 1 option from the following:

#1 - Heroclix Limited Edition figure lot. Mighty Thor, Batman (with Superman team ability), and John Walker - Captain America.

7vNoFXs.jpg

#2 - Green Lantern & Flash: Faster Friends Set. A cool little story mixing in some Golden Age fun.

SfXQSJo.jpg

#3 - DC Universe Tomar Re figure w/ lantern. Not the silly movie version.

GkgT1nX.jpg

Here is my offer:

Complete Watchmen series trade - softcover (read a couple times by myself and a friend of mine)

Blackest Night Green Lantern Corps Hardcover with dust jacket (acquired in a comic lot - looks to be in pretty new condition)

Shipped free in the US (media mail) and up to $15 credit for international.

IMG_05541_zpsdb22d439.jpg

Well done Techtre2003!! I honestly never thought of donating comic books to local hospitals but I think it is a good thing and want to participate as well. I am going to check into doing the same thing locally :)

Hello, is this thing on? (shrug)

If I don't get any interest today I'll dig through my boxes when I get home from work this evening to see what else I can offer up. Sometime around 6:30 (central) this evening.

I have the Watchmen but I'm interested in the Green Lantern book, but I can't claim something unless 24 hours passes because I've claimed something within the last week. Odds are if someone offers a TPB or Hardcover that isn't totally off the wall I'd be interested in reading it. Although I don't want to be snatching up too much stuff and leaving other people out of the loop.

It's a good offer, I'd let it simmer for a while.

If I don't get any interest today I'll dig through my boxes when I get home from work this evening to see what else I can offer up. Sometime around 6:30 (central) this evening.

I have the Watchmen but I'm interested in the Green Lantern book, but I can't claim something unless 24 hours passes because I've claimed something within the last week. Odds are if someone offers a TPB or Hardcover that isn't totally off the wall I'd be interested in reading it. Although I don't want to be snatching up too much stuff and leaving other people out of the loop.

+1 If there's anyone out there who hasn't read Watchmen especially, they should jump on this. That story definitely blew my hair back (back when I had hair).

+1 If there's anyone out there who hasn't read Watchmen especially, they should jump on this. That story definitely blew my hair back (back when I had hair).

Do ya think there are people that haven't read the Watchmen on this forum? I certainly hope not. hm

Possibly related... I started losing my hair shortly after reading that book.

I don't want this to derail the thread but...

Back on page 365 I claimed a PIF from BathedinFlames (July 16th). He quoted 3 business day shipping:

Fed ex ground says end of 3rd business day = 16.45 plus tax.

Sounds decent to me!

I knew it wouldn't get here in 3 business days because I'm in the US and he's in Canada.

It has now been a month since I sent him my address and I haven't heard back and nothing has arrived. I've sent him a PM on Aug 2nd (still not read) and 2 emails to the address listed in his profile (one on Aug 8th and one today Aug 17th - no replies).

I don't like jumping to conclusions but, he signed up on July 12th and posted multiple times a day until he got to 50+ then claimed and offer, never sent his offer, and then went *poof*

How should we handle this situation and should we change anything to try to prevent this scenario from happening in the future?

I don't even need to go find that page because I remember that. It concerned me at the time because he seemed a little to eager to claim something. Sorry you go hosed on this one ManicNerd.

Sorry to hear that's happened Manicnerd. Been there myself.

I'm not saying this is what you should do, or how your situation should be handled, but for me when it happened I just chalked it up to the cost of playing. This sort of thing is just going to happen. Not a whole lot that can be done about it without making some significant rule changes, rule changes that incidentally I've suggested a few times now and has basically been passed over.

At most I'd just put that person on a "can not play" list and stop them from playing in the future.

Anyway, I am giving stuff away that I don't want/need anymore that I think people could enjoy. Getting something in return isn't what's important, and I don't expect this is something that is going to become a habitual problem anyway. Your mileage may vary.

So I went back and checked and that was the guy I remembered. It was odd that he was so eager to request something despite not having enough posts and clearly (in my mind but not everyones) against the shippers desire to ship to another country. The giver was nice enough to do it anyway however.

The thing that bothered me at the time was that he was able to make 50 posts in no time but seemed apathetic about actually posting his PIF. Just my opinion though.

As the receiver of your cool subsequent offer ManicNerd, I am going to send you something next week just for fun. I know for you this is more about the principle than the item.