• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

I wasn't allowed and I joined the forum before you. Maybe you whined enough that they gave in or maybe they had an odd number and needed another participant to make the number even, I don't know, but I can't find the original thread from back then.

Maybe I'm mistaken about needing to have been a member for a long period of time. I don't think so though, I have a pretty good memory.

EDIT:

Here's the thread. You had to be registered before Nov 2011 to participate in the 2012 Gift Exchange. You must have just been special to be allowed in.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6083078&fpart=1

My mom always did say I was special ;)

I sent my PM to join that stated I hadn't been here long but I'd like to participate and linked my kudos thread. Got a reply quickly stating I was in.

Groups like the Secret Santa and the PIF community are what kept me active here. While I like reading/talking about comics and spending way too much of my paycheck in the market here, I have so much fun doing Secret Santa and PIF that they are the first threads I check when I log in.

I would hate to lose any future members by having a more restrictive entry. Judging by your response, I think it's safe to assume you would have liked to be in the Secret Santa fun last year. It's a shame you weren't allowed.

At this juncture I think we've all said what we intend to and I hate to keep bogging down the current offer (I can't believe it's still here, I'm blaming it on the weekend). So if anyone would like to continue to chat, feel free to PM me and we can discuss more there.

Keeping it front page.

OK, back on topic:

I'm going to combine the Blu-ray and Sex/Helheim lots for the current offer.

Techvoodoo: shoot me your addy and I'll send you that Green Lantern trade

CAHokie: shoot me your addy - you need to read Watchmen :) I don't know if it lived up to the hype I read about it but it was a great read!

Current offer =

IMG_05671_zps23ad2080.jpg

Hey guys. I attempted to start a PM discussion with several of you in order to free up PIF space, but when I clicked 'submit' I got an ERROR message saying there is no record of techvoodoo, Mr Wiggles, Benjamin Grimm, Hado, or NamesJay on the members list. Sorry folks, you don't exist :(

When I clicked to return to the previous screen, everything I typed was gone. I'm not about to do it all over again (I... HATE... that!).

Oh well, I tried :sorry:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6956662&fpart=1833

THere's a poll in the Probation List thread to see if people who screw people in the Pay it Forward thread should be nominated for the probation list.

I lost a lot of respect for several board members after reading numerous pages about this topic on the other thread. A few people might as well have come out and said participants in the PIF thread are lowly peasants begging for scraps. Getting free stuff is not why I participate in this thread. Like a lot of members, I could easily just buy the items I claim. The purpose of this thread is to have fun and get to know people. There are only a few people that I talk to on these boards and I met all of them on this thread, not in the ones where I sent them hundreds of dollars at a time. Another example of elitism at work. End rantrant

One thing I would be perfectly happy with is to name 1-2 active trustworthy PIFers to moderate this thread internally and deal with any "situations" that arise. Basically what they say goes in the thread, no matter what the infraction.

Why is that necessary? Is there something wrong with the way things have been dealt with up to now?

OK, back on topic:

I'm going to combine the Blu-ray and Sex/Helheim lots for the current offer.

Techvoodoo: shoot me your addy and I'll send you that Green Lantern trade

CAHokie: shoot me your addy - you need to read Watchmen :) I don't know if it lived up to the hype I read about it but it was a great read!

Current offer =

IMG_05671_zps23ad2080.jpg

How has this not been claimed yet? It's a mystery. I think this has been on the table for 24 or more hours right, cause it's been 6 days since my last claim otherwise. The thread is kinda bloated and I'm having a hard time seeing where it was posted.

So assuming I'm not in breach...

:takeit:

Ok here are 2 options to start with. If these don't spark anyone's interest I'll put together some other options. I will cover the first $15 shipping anywhere in the world, even to dirty Canadians.

Option #1 - Mini Series Lot

A sampling of a few of my favorite mini series collections, Infinity Gauntlet, Lobo, and Death. If you haven't read these or if it's been a while, it's probably time to get on it.

Option #2 - Spawn Swipe Covers

Spawn 220 to 231, 3 variants of issue #220. These are the swipe covers Todd McFarlane put together over this run of issues last year. Some great cover recreations in this lot.

Option #3 - Batman: Vengeance of Bane book 1 & 2

Another great read, well book 1 is really good, book 2 is debatable.

Option #4 - New 52 & Marvel Now Myster Box

A USPS Medium Priority Flat Rate box with several complete runs from either DC's New 52 and Marvel Now. You can suggest 1 or 2 of your favorite characters and I'll see what I can do to fulfill your preference (Sorry Batman isn't on the table lol ).

Option #5 - Before Watchmen Complete Set

A complete set of the Before Watchmen series, which includes:

Before Watchmen: Comedian #1 - #6

Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill #1

Before Watchmen: Dr Manhattan #1 - #4

Before Watchmen: Minutemen #1 - #6

Before Watchmen: Moloch #1 - #2

Before Watchmen: Nite Owl #1 - #4

Before Watchmen: Ozymandias #1 - #6

Before Watchmen: Rorschach #1 - #4

Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre #1 - #4

Mini_Series.jpg

Spawn.jpg

bane1front.jpg

bane2front.jpg

mystery.jpg

watchmen.jpg

Wow.....nice run of spawn swipes!!!!

This won't last long. But would like to see more participants than just our circle jerk group.

Otherwise I would take it.

Techvoodo, are you coming to Tampa this weekend? I am always up to meet ppl from the boards.

This won't last long. But would like to see more participants than just our circle jerk group.

Techvoodo, are you coming to Tampa this weekend? I am always up to meet ppl from the boards.

Too funny!!! That is the same reason I didn't claim the Spawns, though I didn't think of it in the same "circle" you did, haha

I am not going to be coming to Tampa. I have company coming in town this week so I'll be tied up. I did want to meet Maggie though :(