• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

The rule is clearly there to prevent individuals from bashing what is perceived as a low dollar book. This is CLEARLY outlined in the SECOND half of the rule. "If you don't like them, you don't have to take them"

I guess if we want to only take the first part of rules that can be fun too:

-Only one offer at a time. *No longer can someone offer more than 1 item or 1 lot at a time doh!

-Don't take book(s) *you read the first half you better listen doh!

The rule is clearly there to prevent individuals from bashing what is perceived as a low dollar book. This is CLEARLY outlined in the SECOND half of the rule. "If you don't like them, you don't have to take them"

I guess if we want to only take the first part of rules that can be fun too:

Taking things out of context (albeit not always willingly) is one of the weaknesses of today‘s public discussions, but – yes – the discussion belongs better to the discussion thread.

I also think that tech was right, but again, I see Diggles point: in this case it is mostly a non-issue, anyway. :)

The spirit of the rule, I think, is to not belittle someone for making an offer that may be viewed as low value.

This

The rule says not to discuss the value of the books being offered. The book being offered wasn't discussed.

And this.

More to the point, what harm was being done to the thread, or to the offer, by the discussion? If anything, it was beneficial.

Eh I haven't been following this but if some people think my offer is not good oh well.

I have posted very good offers the last few times and I took the last offer pretty much just to keep the thread moving (evidently a mistake) so I guess let my offer expire and the previous one can go back up...No sweat off me

Eh I haven't been following this but if some people think my offer is not good oh well.

I have posted very good offers the last few times and I took the last offer pretty much just to keep the thread moving (evidently a mistake) so I guess let my offer expire and the previous one can go back up...No sweat off me

Don’t worry, the offer is nice. Maybe you could add a few other readers if you have them? Who knows? Other Death of Superman issues so if one wants to start may give them a try? Just guessing… (thumbs u

P.S. Let me know when the Spirou arrives. :)

I don't think anyone thinks that at all.

Alright, here's what I have. Chose 1 of the following. Free shipping to the lower 48, halfsies on anywhere else.

Offer 1:

95Eqtozl.jpg

Iron Man reader set

contains: Iron Metropolitan 1-5, Inhumanity 20, and Rings of the Mandarin 1

Offer 2:

2XPMdYLl.jpg

Marvel Grab Bag

contains: Ultimate Spider Man HC volume 5, Marvel 1602 HC, and a few blanks. I would say that all blanks are in the 9.6 to 9.8 range

Offer 3:

6cv1UVpl.jpg

TPBs

contains: Cowboy Ninja Viking 1 and 2 (one of my favorite mini-series of all time, I can't believe no one has taken these yet!) and 100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call.

Also, I'm a few days away from scoring a pretty huge promotion at my job, so I'm in a pretty giving mood. Anyone who chooses one of these offers can expect some extras thrown in.

Alright, here's what I have. Chose 1 of the following. Free shipping to the lower 48, halfsies on anywhere else.

Offer 1:

95Eqtozl.jpg

Iron Man reader set

contains: Iron Metropolitan 1-5, Inhumanity 20, and Rings of the Mandarin 1

Offer 2:

2XPMdYLl.jpg

Marvel Grab Bag

contains: Ultimate Spider Man HC volume 5, Marvel 1602 HC, and a few blanks. I would say that all blanks are in the 9.6 to 9.8 range

Offer 3:

6cv1UVpl.jpg

TPBs

contains: Cowboy Ninja Viking 1 and 2 (one of my favorite mini-series of all time, I can't believe no one has taken these yet!) and 100 Bullets: First Shot, Last Call.

Also, I'm a few days away from scoring a pretty huge promotion at my job, so I'm in a pretty giving mood. Anyone who chooses one of these offers can expect some extras thrown in.

Very nice.

Offer 3:

6cv1UVpl.jpg

TPBs

:takeit:

offer coming...

Offering some big lots in flat rate USPS box, so US only as a preference, but if someone international REALLY wants them, I"ll cover $12 cost towards the international shipping costs, (which will be high due to the weight).

Just FYI these will be a mix of raw, bagged, and bagged boarded. All are great reads, cause thats what I do with moderns.... read them...

Offer 1: Fear Itself 39 book Lot

Fear Itself 1-7 & 7.1,7.2 & 7.3

15 various Avengers crossovers (New A, Secret A, A, Iron Man)

14 other cross over issues

UmlEmLv.jpg

S2vNuzn.jpgknXQxlV.jpg

or pick two lots from the following....

Offer 2: Power Company Lot

1, 3-14, 16-18 (only missing 2 issues from the complete run)

61Sp3nP.jpg

Offer 3: Checkmate Lot

Includes 1-4, 8,9,11,12,16-21, 23-25

7B5X6tD.jpg

Offer 4: Invincible Iron Man Lot

Includes 1-6, 28-30, 32, Annual 1, 500 and 501(not pictured)

ZINUL4U.jpg

that's a lotta books.