• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

You should go for it Tjdill! I love mystery boxes. Sometimes they have extremely cool stuff, other times not so much, lol, but that is the fun of it.

I can say for sure, that the mystery boxes on PIF have been cooler than the ones I have purchased in the for sale threads :) I can't wait until my mystery box arrives from my last PIF. :grin:

The "other" box contains anything from Blanks, 3D Covers, Older Spider woman, Hulk WD books. I think there is an East West 1 in there.

Basically, anything that I feel may be worth more than cover in the future, I put it in the safe and hold onto it rather than sending it to CGC right away.

you know you want it :baiting:

I should have something up either late tonight. I'm thinking some trades. You guys like TPBs? Maybe an assortment of singles?

I like to read my PIF stuff, so trades, complete runs/arcs are all great...

random smattering of issues with no coherence, are less appealing to me (but that's just my opinion)

I think most people here prefer trades. One of the reasons I try not to take anything since I don't have any trades to offer doh!

Trades or runs of books, at least. Like Miraclemet said, this stuff is for reading!

;)

-slym

I like TPBs, but I am not eligible for another 5-6 days unless an offer goes unclaimed for over 24 hours.

But yes, I do like the TPBs...

:D

-slym

That's not entirely correct Slym. I believe you are allowed to claim something after 7 days from you last claim, not 7 days from when your offering is claimed. If so, that would mean you are more than eligible :)

I must be in the minority. I prefer actual comics to trades, though I agree random comics are not my thing. Unless of course, there is something unique or cool about the single issues.

when you think about offering something, think what type of person would want this.

For example

There are very few people who want random 30 90's comics in less than NM condition.

But there certainly are people willing to read a run of 15 90's comics if its a good story line regardless of condition.

when you think about offering something, think what type of person would want this.

For example

There are very few people who want random 30 90's comics in less than NM condition.

But there certainly are people willing to read a run of 15 90's comics if its a good story line regardless of condition.

Sure about that? I have offered up 35+ consecutive issues of Excalibur many times now. It's a good run, a decent read, with some great art.

:shrug:

-slym

Well I was speaking more along the lines of the letter of the law instead of the spirit of the law. In that case, you claim again on June 13, 2014 ;)

I think most people here prefer trades. One of the reasons I try not to take anything since I don't have any trades to offer doh!

Man, I'm going to have to stop claiming stuff and offering up my junky silver age stuff. :sorry:

:grin:

I don't think anyone has a problem with your "junky" silver and would hate to see you go!

Everyone likes different things, I don't like trades myself but I know many here do. I had a hard time getting rid of moderns here and that's really all I have in my sell/PIF stash.

As you know, my only problem is… weight! :acclaim:

Anything beyond a certain weight for me is out of the question, either to pick or to offer, as shipping costs would automatically kill the whole "free" concept.

To reply to Slym, there is also another big factor for some people, and it’s space. For example, even if I could have been curious to have a sample of late 1990s titles which I dropped at the time, a full run takes space, and if I end up not liking it I have big problems to give it away here in Italy, as very little people are interested in reading comics in english, so I would be forced at some point to throw them away (a thing I have not done yet, but in some moments I get panicky looking at a pair of 1990s stuff long boxes I have – even when it’s good I can’t sell them to anyone, and giving it as a gift here would cost too much in terms of shipping).

That’s why so far I have offered a few GA/SA books and light stuff… the only way I can participate… (shrug)