• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAY IT FORWARD

17,623 posts in this topic

One guy hm

Obviously there has been more than one, but that one we had hard proof on.

I know. I just thought it was very diplomatic of you to not name names about this particular one guy.

:gossip: I was told I need to be nicer in these threads.

One guy hm

Obviously there has been more than one, but that one we had hard proof on.

I know. I just thought it was very diplomatic of you to not name names about this particular one guy.

:gossip: I was told I need to be nicer in these threads.

I seem to recall something like that happening. hm

1cool i could be completely wrong but it seems like you cost analyze the offerings. I dont think that is the purpose of thread....

Yep - its how I compare one thing vs the other. Is a trade good? Depends if the two items are similar value in the after market. Not the part of myself I'm always proud of.

So are you a flipper and not a collector.

Will I see the Ms Marvel on your E-Bay page for sale :facepalm:

Just wondering if everyone on here is just :baiting: everyone to post higher end books and then claim them only to see them on a sight for sale a wk later.

If I wanted them sold I would sell them myself and reap the rewards.

That is NOT what this thread is about.

VALUE should not have anything to do with the offers. (tsk)

I'm a reader, trader, collector, seller - pretty much like most everybody else on the boards. I typically do not care what someone does with the books I trade or sell them. They could press them and grade them, they could keep them in a vault forever, they could flip them the second they get them. I don't like it when people flip the books before they even get them in hand and I don't like it when someone lies to me to get the books.

I still have almost every PIF I have claimed unless I later gave it to someone else :)

I still have them all. Even the X-Men #222 CGC 6.5 mikenyc threw in with the mystery box (McSpidey CGC ASM's) :headbang: .

He referred to it as an example of, "Why would anyone submit this?" (they have rusty staples) lol

I still have almost every PIF I have claimed unless I later gave it to someone else :)

I still have them all. Even the X-Men #222 CGC 6.5 mikenyc threw in with the mystery box (McSpidey CGC ASM's) :headbang: .

He referred to it as an example of, "Why would anyone submit this?" (they have rusty staples) lol

I was looking through the census on various books last night, and noticed someone submitted a Wolverine #1 (1988) that came back 2.5. I realize anyone can submit anything (even if just for sentimental value), but there are some real headscratcher submissions out there.

So are you a flipper and not a collector.

Will I see the Ms Marvel on your E-Bay page for sale :facepalm:

Just wondering if everyone on here is just :baiting: everyone to post higher end books and then claim them only to see them on a sight for sale a wk later.

If I wanted them sold I would sell them myself and reap the rewards.

That is NOT what this thread is about.

VALUE should not have anything to do with the offers. (tsk)

I'm a reader, trader, collector, seller - pretty much like most everybody else on the boards. I typically do not care what someone does with the books I trade or sell them. They could press them and grade them, they could keep them in a vault forever, they could flip them the second they get them. I don't like it when people flip the books before they even get them in hand and I don't like it when someone lies to me to get the books.

As it should be: one might pick an offer for a number of motives: I may just have a set to complete before selling it, and I don’t see why it should be a problem if I abide by the PIF rules.

The important thing, and this goes into any kind of commerce, is not to be greedy, and Andrew definitely isn’t, although he may give you the impression of looking for the value first and then for the content.

If PIF and the Giving Tree were actually threads meant to gift books, value would never be an issue, as a gift is always something which comes for free. They are exchange transactions, where more than often generosity and gifts happen, but it would be unrealistic to idealize things to the extent one can’t even sell what now is his property.

I agree. I view this as means to expand my horizons. I claimed the mystery box because I haven't had a mystery box yet and it contained some new spidey that I haven't read. I offered this because they were books I was unfamiliar with but greatly enjoyed. To the points mentioned before, value is often assessed when it should not be and that could be the reason for unclaimed offers

:news:UPDATED OFFER:news:

Ok, lets try to switch it up. Pick any 4

All are in VF condition at worst.

Morning Glories Vol 1

Kingdom Come

Batman: A Death in the Family

Daredevil: Return of the King

Penance Restless

X-Men Rarities

Venom vs Carnage

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg photo_1_2.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

shipping to US

:bump:

Assuming I got the Transformers books, here's my offer...

A SPIDEY MYSTERY BOX

US friends only, sorry! It'll be a USPS medium flat rate box filled with Spidey related books... Figure around 50 books in total or so! I'll try to split them up by decade a bit and I'll give the winner a chance to do a bit of customization if they want to!

I will start the box with a complete run of a Spider-title of their choosing (from the list below) and then fill in the box from there with limited series, one shots, etc, or if they'd prefer, I'll avoid any runs of more than a dozen books and fill it up with all limited series and random Spidey goodness!

Here's the list! Just say "I'll take it" and the Option letter and I'll get it packed up!

A - Marvel Knights Spider-Man (2004) - 1-22

B - Spider-Man Unlimited (1993) - 1-22

C - Untold Tales of Spider-Man (1995) 1-25

D - Ultimate Marvel Team Up (2001) - 1-16

E - MTU (2005) 1-25

F - Nope, just fill it up! I don't want to know what's inside!

Current offer (I believe). Snap up these Spideys!

Nope, Stanley1883 snagged the Mystery Box on the 12th... So he's up. See his updated offer above

Offer reverts to yours after 4 days (see page one). Did you ship already?

Nope, I didn't, all packaged but not sealed... Oh I feel bad... He wanted it. Depending on what someone else choses, I might put one together for him anyway, or still send him this one if I don't need items from it... He said he's never had a MB before!

But yeah, ok... Who wants a box o Spidey? :-)

How about 5. Pick any 5 of the books below. If nobody claims it, I'll leave it up for the thread to decide next steps. Sorry I don't have any keys or first appearances to give away folks.

Morning Glories Vol 1

Kingdom Come

Batman: A Death in the Family

Daredevil: Return of the King

Penance Restless

X-Men Rarities

Venom vs Carnage

photo_3.jpg

photo_4.jpg photo_1_2.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

Shipping to CONUS

Per the rules you can't offer anything else at this time or change your offer. It reverts to the previous offer.... :(:sorry:

Assuming I got the Transformers books, here's my offer...

A SPIDEY MYSTERY BOX

US friends only, sorry! It'll be a USPS medium flat rate box filled with Spidey related books... Figure around 50 books in total or so! I'll try to split them up by decade a bit and I'll give the winner a chance to do a bit of customization if they want to!

I will start the box with a complete run of a Spider-title of their choosing (from the list below) and then fill in the box from there with limited series, one shots, etc, or if they'd prefer, I'll avoid any runs of more than a dozen books and fill it up with all limited series and random Spidey goodness!

Here's the list! Just say "I'll take it" and the Option letter and I'll get it packed up!

A - Marvel Knights Spider-Man (2004) - 1-22

B - Spider-Man Unlimited (1993) - 1-22

C - Untold Tales of Spider-Man (1995) 1-25

D - Ultimate Marvel Team Up (2001) - 1-16

E - MTU (2005) 1-25

F - Nope, just fill it up! I don't want to know what's inside!

Current offer (I believe). Snap up these Spideys!

Per the rules, this would be the current offer.....

So be it. TPB's are out, or mine are . Either way. I don't have extras of ASM 129 to offer up so I lose.....

(shrug)

Not every offer has to be an ASM 129. There is nothing wrong with tpbs it just means no one wanted these right now. Maybe they had them or read them already. It doesnt mean they suck. It seems extreme to imply there is nothing out there in between tpbs and key issues of Amazing Spiderman. That is why there is 4 days to mix it up if things don't seem to be moving.