• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible to find a CGC comic by place and date of grading

8 posts in this topic

I'm trying to track down my first ever CGC graded comic that I had to sell many years ago, but when I moved I lost my grading submission paper work. I know the date and place this comic was graded as it was onsite graded at Chicago Con in 2004 it's Amazing Spiderman 300 CGC 9.8. At the time there were around 30 ish in the CGC census so I don't know how difficult it would be to find??? Wondering if any one could help.

Do you have any other books that were graded at the same time? If you do, you can look up the number by changing the last digit of the serial number that you have. So, if a book you have, from that grading, has the last 3 digits as 001, just increment the last digit and go from there.

https://www.cgccomics.com/grading/verify-cgc-comic.aspx

If you have no books graded at the same time, you may just have to look thru all the registry sets and hope to get lucky. Or maybe call CGC and see if they can look it up by your name?

Shoot thanks for the suggestions, I called CGC and since it was my first book I never put it under my Collectors Society name. So I'm pretty screwed oh well. It would have been nice to have my actual first book back. Any one have a cheapish ASM 300 9.8 they wanna part with lol...