• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Challenge: Silver Age 'Investment' Keys in 9.2+ for under $1500!

54 posts in this topic

Flash 139- First Zoom

Flash 140- First Heat Wave

Flash 137- First Silver Age appearance Vandal Savage

Flash 175- First Flash Superman Race

Flash 129- First Silver Age appearance of JSA

Flash 122- First Appearance of the Top

All can be had in 9.2 some can be had in 9.4 for under 1500.00

What about Doctor Strange 169? Not sure if this is considered "key" (Probably not) but you can find 9.2 and above issues for pretty effin cheap.

I snagged this book in 9.2 with white pages for around $200! I predict that if a Doctor Strange movie is ever made, this issue will 'pop.' This is an undevalued key to semi-key issue, in my opinion.

'mint'

What about Doctor Strange 169? Not sure if this is considered "key" (Probably not) but you can find 9.2 and above issues for pretty effin cheap.

I snagged this book in 9.2 with white pages for around $200! I predict that if a Doctor Strange movie is ever made, this issue will 'pop.' This is an undevalued key to semi-key issue, in my opinion.

'mint'

Same here, i think it could definately be a sleeper book with pricing rising significantly if they ever make a movie and do it right.

Since there's a list of flash issues, why about key green lanterns?

#7- 1st sinestro

#40- 1st GA green lantern (I think it is anyway) and origin of the guardians

I have no idea what these fetch at 9.2 and above but I think it may be above $1500 if I'm not mistaken.

Since there's a list of flash issues, why about key green lanterns?

#7- 1st sinestro

#40- 1st GA green lantern (I think it is anyway) and origin of the guardians

I have no idea what these fetch at 9.2 and above but I think it may be above $1500 if I'm not mistaken.

GL 7 at 9.2 would be well over $1500 at this point. The book skyrocketed in value after the movie.

Really? The Green Lantern movie actually had an affect on prices? I thought if anything it would cause a price drop!

Just being sarcastic...

I think Captain America 100; although common, is still a good buy. Thoughts?

How about the 2nd and 3rd appearances of Green Lantern in Showcase 23 and 24 respectively. Perhaps you could find mid-grade or slightly higher copies for around $1500.00 but a 9.2--I don't think so. They would run a whole lot more.Nothing wrong with a 7.0 or 7.5 of these issues. They don't come to market that often though.

Good luck in your quest!

SLR

Strange Tales #115 comes close to your specs. Features the origin of Doctor Strange and goes for under $2K in 9.2. Arguably undervalued and definitely a minor key.

Another minor key that is arguably undervalued and most definitely underappreciated by the collecting masses is Strange Tales #148. Has the origin of the Ancient One, the second most important character in the Dr. Strange mythos. Can be had in 9.8 for about a grand, if you can find one in that grade. Good luck, however, since there's only a single example in the census, and even Doug Schmell's copy is only a 'lowly' 9.6.

Strange Tales #115 comes close to your specs. Features the origin of Doctor Strange and goes for under $2K in 9.2. Arguably undervalued and definitely a minor key.

Another minor key that is arguably undervalued and most definitely underappreciated by the collecting masses is Strange Tales #148. Has the origin of the Ancient One, the second most important character in the Dr. Strange mythos. Can be had in 9.8 for about a grand, if you can find one in that grade. Good luck, however, since there's only a single example in the census, and even Doug Schmell's copy is only a 'lowly' 9.6.

Thank you so much! Your recommendations are awesome. I am a huge 'closet' Doctor Strange fan. He is one of my favorite Marvel characters. This may be a good direction to go...

Respectfully,

'mint'

Thank you so much! Your recommendations are awesome. I am a huge 'closet' Doctor Strange fan. He is one of my favorite Marvel characters. This may be a good direction to go...

Respectfully,

'mint'

Though not quite in your target range.....I'm still kicking myself for passing on the CGC 9.0 White Mountain copy of that issue. It was old label and looked to have resub potential.A lot of people like the cover, so that doesn't hurt either. Pedigree copies also seem to have more liquidity, even with more common issues....that extra factor could add even more of a challenge. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Respectfully,

'mint'

Same here, i've alwaysed enjoyed the Strange stories. I feel it's one character that can be a key player in the marvel universe but he's always on the back burner.

Since these books are for investments I would go with TOS 50 with the last sale at $1500 exactly, and F.F 52 with the last sale at $805.

I say TOS because it is the first appearance of the Mandarin and he is comfirmed to be the next villian in Iron Man 3 so that should be a good flip since the craze for him will go up like it is for Thanos and how it did for Whiplash. F.F 52 because it is the first Black Panther and a -script for a movie has been approved, also it said that if the movie is made they might put him in the Avengers movies as well.

So these would be books I would by now and than sell them when the movie craze hits them. 2c