• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best case scenario?

10 posts in this topic

Was looking to purchase this book, and I'm wondering what some of the board members think. The picture is of the bottom right front corner. As you can see, it's a very small, but color breaking crease. If the rest of the book was 9.8 worthy, what's the best possible grade this book could get in your opinions?

a39174e8.jpg

I have a book like that with a 9.2 label. I don't know if this picture shows it well but the lower corner has a color breaking crease on an otherwise NM/MT book.

dcec597c.jpg

I must be missing something, because I don't see a crease. (shrug)

I once had a CGC 9.2 OW THING 16. Absolutely gorgeous copy except for one defect, which was a very small color breaking crease in the lower right corner, made all the more apparant because of the black cover.

When I unslabbed it the crease was much more obvious. I only assume that one crease was the main contributor to the grade. Without it I would imagine a 9.4 at least.

I have three or four Mass. copy Avengers books that basically have corner creases like that as their only defects and they all received 9.2s.

Could I see one? :foryou:

I agree with the spate of 9.2 guesses. You might get a 9.4 though.

I have seen an infamous ASM#1 that got a 9.6 with a slightly smaller CBC on the same corner. No one agreed with the grade though.

I know this is the wrong place to put this, but since I've already started this thread, I might as well gather as much info as I can. I used 9.8 as a baseline, but this book has a few spine stresses, as well as that tiny crease. The back cover is white, so they don't show in their scan. My grade, 8.5. Thoughts? cd98faa4.jpg