• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official LP: Venom "Black Error" Cover #1 Thread----Post your copy!

77 posts in this topic

This copy went higher than I thought considering it clearly is not a NM+ book.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-LETHAL-PROTECTOR-1-EXTREMELY-RARE-BLACK-COVER-ERROR-ISSUE-NM-/290836467387?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item43b7344ebb

However as I stated many times before this variant is just awesome to own a copy period!

i know. how many are there now?

Not that many.

I will still venture a tad less than the total copies of Batman 608 rrp.

I almost bought one a few months back. The seller had it on Ebay for 1000, then dropped the BIN to $850 I believe...I was thinking about it...then someone grabbed it.

If it was a cgc slabbed copy, I think that it may have gone for somewhere in the sixes

to a best offer.

Everyone knows by now I consider the Venom Black Cover the #1 variant book of the modern age.

Close 2nd is Batman 608 RRP.

Way down from these two I now put the Wolverine #1 Campbell Deadpool variant.

Quick question...

Why are they still grading this book as a blue label? And why is it listed in the registry?

I thought CGC changed their stance on errors like this a few years back. They added, then removed WD # 35 last page error book from the registry.

I have a few books with foil missing , but I don't care to send it in because I know it will get a green label. I have seen plenty of books with cover errors , missing foil, missing a color etc, they have all been green label except this book.

What's different about this book?

If there is a thread covering this, please link it. search function sucks.

Quick question...

Why are they still grading this book as a blue label? And why is it listed in the registry?

I thought CGC changed their stance on errors like this a few years back. They added, then removed WD # 35 last page error book from the registry.

I have a few books with foil missing , but I don't care to send it in because I know it will get a green label. I have seen plenty of books with cover errors , missing foil, missing a color etc, they have all been green label except this book.

What's different about this book?

If there is a thread covering this, please link it. search function sucks.

Hype. And some scale--meaning there are enough copies out there (a few hundred? more?) that collectors can reasonably expect to get one.

But plenty of other foil error books exist that were just one-offs and never achieved the hype. My buddy growing up picked an Iron Man 300 non-foil variant, and I've seen a few non-foil Deathmates.

Don't get me wrong--I love the book and own a CGC 9.6. But it astounds me that this book, and the Bloodshot 0 "Platinum" broke out when the dozens of other truly rare one-off misprints just languish.

I almost bought one a few months back. The seller had it on Ebay for 1000, then dropped the BIN to $850 I believe...I was thinking about it...then someone grabbed it.

Don't know if it is the same book but back in December there was a 9.8 on eBay for 1000. I offered the seller 650 he came back with 850 and I said I would think about it. After a day or so the listing was pulled and when I inquired about it he said he sold it to someone else.

Don't get me wrong--I love the book and own a CGC 9.6. But it astounds me that this book, and the Bloodshot 0 "Platinum" broke out when the dozens of other truly rare one-off misprints just languish.

I know. 1 of 1 (thus far.) Can't give it away, let alone get 4 figures. :sorry:51943bd3.jpg

I have only seen 1 copy with the UPC code in my years of searching for this book and I own it. its a 7.5 So far have never seen another. Why I probally like my 7.5 better then my 9.8 .

Venom1CGC75.jpg[/img]

. So, there are at least 2. Someone in the copper sections thread of rarest books of the 90's, has an 8.5 newsstand. I didn't think there was another. Until now.