• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fred Karger

13 posts in this topic

So the CGC qualified label "indicates that they were not present when Mcfarlane signed the book"? I'm not certain that's what it means. I think it means "any clown with a pencil could have signed the book for all we know".

Rickdogg, not trying to give you a hard time...but what you are doing is technically auction interference, or at the very least you are mildly harassing an ebay seller by communicating with a seller with no intent of bidding on their auctions. This is frowned on by Ebay, and the ebay bidder/sellers in general.

If you are e-mailing to correct an error, that is cool...but just to send him smart- comments (your words, not mine), sigh... . I have had people e-mail me saying the comic I thought was the mail order version actually was the one that came with the trade, etc., and those e-mails are always welcome because they help me correct an error before it can bite me in the butt. But if someone just used the ask seller a question link to give me a hard time--I would think about reporting said person (I might let it go, but I would certainly think about it). I assume you would do the same, but I could be wrong.

I am an ebay seller with 731 positives and counting...and while I have never had anyone simply e-mail me to give me a hard time about my prices, I am slightly uncomfortable knowing that you seem to have absolutely no problems doing such a thing (have you figured out that I also sell comics on ebay yet laugh.gif ).

Seriously, I am not trying to give you a hard time/start a fight, just wondering if you have thought about the chances of your getting reported for such actions one of these days.

Christopher H.

Here's a sample of an email that I sent him:

"to whom this may concern,

I am just curious about where you got this opening bid price? Overstreet guide or past ebay sales? If your prices were more realistic I might bid.

Thanks for the good laugh,

Ricky"

That is a smart type of question, but is still asking about the item. I would honestly love it if he reported me. I have no problem with this because he is the type of seller who preys on newbies to pay ridiculous amounts and literally lies in his auction description. Ebay tends to do nothing about scam auctions, shill bidding, and bad sellers in general and I have taken the vigilante approach on this. If ebay decides to NARU me for doing this then so be it, but I can definitely sleep at night after doing these things. The question is how does this guy do what he does and still sleep. smirk.gif

Ricky does a lot of people a service by reporting MANY e-bay scumbags who shill and steal ALL THE TIME. Its not against the law to e-mail a person and let them know what they think of their prices. Besides, if you look at Mr Kargers GI JOE #1 9.2 auction youll see what an "honest guy" he is. Is it just me or does he have a shill account to bump up his garbage????? Hmmmm, well at least he left himself a nice feedback. crazy.gif

Im very sad to hear that. I was hoping that basic human dignity would keep these people from shilling their stuff but I guess I was wrong for thinking this. I guess e-bay is just a wasteland for A-holes who are no better than peddlers on a street corner that sell knock-off Rolexes or Oakleys. At least they rip you off face to face!

Rickdogg, well...that is not the worst e-mail someone from ebay could receive. I also have no knowledge about this Fred Karger guy, but if he is as bad as you say he is...then yes, I agree that ebay should call this guy on his shady business practices (and if he is a shill bidder indeed...then I am with you, kick the SOB off ebay).

By the way, I appreciate your response...you more than satisfied my curiousity as to whether or not someone has given you a hard time.

Thank You

Christopher H.

I have no beef with Fred Karger. I got a solid 9.6 copy of Dark Knight returns from him for a fair price (I paid like $37 shipped). He sent mine without waiting for my check to clear either.

His prices are literally ridiculous and it seems like he does prey on newbies, but if you know what you're doing he sometimes has some nice books up.

Although there are so many other good sellers out there . . .

DAM